General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: Reptiles anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 6 Next >>
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Topic: Reptiles anyone?
    Posted: July/22/2008 at 2:50pm

along with art..my other great interest and hobby..is herpetology,however just like tattoos i am only just beggining to get to an area where i can actually have the things i want. here's my small collection so far...

Ghost, juvenile female snow corn
Eclipse, juvenile female california king snake
and my pride and joy Cypher, subadult reticulated python- he was abused most of his life and is increadibly small for his age but still a good 8ft, and now that he is in good care should start growing like a weed :)
I also have a chinese water dragon named Raiako (will get pictures soon) and should be getting a breeding pair of crested geckos in august. :)

www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
Shelliokin
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote Shelliokin Replybullet Posted: July/22/2008 at 2:56pm
I love retics! I've had a couple in my time, unfortunately the boyfriend got them in the breakup. I can't say I'm a huge fan of cornsnakes, though :(
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: July/22/2008 at 3:13pm
corn snake was my first...of course, then the king came about a week later...and a few months more i have the retic lol i just can't stop myself it seems, i hadn't planned on getting into snakes as big as retics untill i was older and had my own place..but i couldnt help it, this guy needed a good home
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
Nergal
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Nergal Replybullet Posted: July/22/2008 at 3:25pm
I have Uromastyx acanthinura pair at the moment. Been keen to both herpetology and terrariumhobby for many years.
As a terrarium/reptilehobbyist I've also had Rhacodactylus ciliatus breeding pair and Agrionemys horsfieldii. 

Studying reptiles and amphibians in the field is a great passion of mine. It gives you so much more to observe the animals in their natural habitat, than in the terrarium. Although, I consider terrariumhobby as art and it's quite rewarding also.
I've constructed all my terrariums by my self, so the hobby is rather versatile. =)

Edit: There's an old photo of the Uro pair on my profile. Have more of them on the other computer, as well as of Rhacodactylus pair. Gonna post some tomorrow. :P

Edited by Nergal - July/22/2008 at 3:30pm
"Stop staring at my boobs, and don't say their lack thereof"

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra.
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: July/22/2008 at 3:47pm
very cool! i am working on building my vivarium for my crestie pair, it will be the first vivaria i have built. but i have constructed simpler caging before, one being for the retic.
and i am already putting to paper the ideas i have for a nice indoor crocodillian set up as well as secure vivaria for select venomous snake species. oh the future will be fun :D
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
Euphoric
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote Euphoric Replybullet Posted: July/22/2008 at 6:54pm
Haha you have missed my threads. I won't post pictures just because so many others probably have seen them.

I have three leopard geckos and three more on the way, two of the newest on my page first journal.
And I have a juvenile crested gecko.

In the past I have had ball python, a banana burmese, chocolate king snake, two beardies, Giant amieva, rough plated lizards.

I plan on breeding my leos and breeding crested too
I also want to start an all natural vive for posion dart frogs

If I got a dollar for every time I repented the sin then committed the same crime, I'd be standing on top of the world today...
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: July/22/2008 at 7:00pm
cool :) always nice to see people into reptiles!
i also just found my iguana today!! i got him a while back...in feb i believe and he escapes a month later -_- i thought for sure he was gone but i was outside in the yard today and found him! he is never escaping again! -_- have his cage on lockdown....it's like a freakin bomb shelter now
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
LUCIFER!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 7

Quote LUCIFER! Replybullet Posted: July/23/2008 at 6:20am
JEALOUS!!!!
cant wait to get my own place, then ima gonnas let loose!

i cant have snakes at home, cos my dads scared of em! but my mum dont mind them. but i wanted a spider too, but couldnt have one cos my mums scared of em but my dad aint! so im stuck......... but i get away with having about 23 birds!

IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: July/23/2008 at 10:21am
lol it's not that hard to have snakes...i have 3 (one being 8ft long) and my mom doesn't know about them XD
they are really easy to hide since they don't need special lighting or anything like lizards, and compared to their legnth they can be kept in relatively small spaces and not mind it
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
Nergal
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Nergal Replybullet Posted: July/23/2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Sylvias

my mom doesn't know about them XD
they are really easy to hide since they don't need special lighting or anything like lizards, and compared to their legnth they can be kept in relatively small spaces and not mind it

Well, this is just great. Sounds very professional. Lets hope they really will get along in a small space and without proper illumination or seasonal variations in temperature or lighting. Bang%20Head
With most professionals I know, they doesn't get along in such conditions.
"Stop staring at my boobs, and don't say their lack thereof"

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version