Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Are tattoo's trashy on females? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 10 Next >>
xRoh
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote xRoh Replybullet Topic: Are tattoo's trashy on females?
    Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:28am
Okay so me and my boyfriend had a huge bust up last night, 'cause I told him was going to get a tattoo in two weeks (will be my first). I knew he wasn't fond of them but nevertheless, it is my body and I want one. This inevitably led to our break up but I won't even get into that.

Anyhow, what stuck to me was that fact that he said that all girls who have tattoos are slutty and easy. This really hurt, because that's just a ridiculous thing to say. I posted on another forum about my problem and some guys agreed, saying that girls do look trashy with them and that they wouldn't date them if they had any. This didn't make me feel better at all.

Now I'm stuck in this mindset that I'll look trashy if I get a tattoo. I really want one, but will guys look at me any differently and think I'm just easy?

I need some reassurance here :P
IP IP Logged
MistahG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 37

Quote MistahG Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:37am
An old boss of mine had the same attitude. I explained to him that having such an ignorant prejudice emanated from the same roots of hatred associated with racism.
It attempts to throw everyone within a certain demographic into a convenient pigeon-hole.

It is pure ignorance based on the person's pre-judgement of a certain group of people based solely on the way they look rather than the strength of their character.

Get your tattoo if that is what you wish.

Those who think it trashy are not worth your time.
IP IP Logged
Cernunnos
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote Cernunnos Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:37am
I think it depends on what kind of tattoo you get to a point but I really don't see why people should view you differently because you have a tatt, I personally really like tattoos on girls so get the tattoo if you want and if anyone says it'll change their view of you then I don't think they're worth knowing personally.
The sun inside your eyes sends me impossibly

Through seasons spilling fluid time like arteries of gold
IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:41am
i don't think tattoos on girls are trashy at all! in fact, i'm more attracted to girls with tattoos
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
veja
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote veja Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:49am
There is nothing wrong with tattoos or being slutty and easy. While the good girls go to heaven...
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:50am
it depends on what tattoo it is.

i do agree that a lot of trashy girls have tramp stamps that they just decided to get on the spur of the moment.

and i also think girls look less trashy the more tattoos they get... but that's just me.

it's all down to whether or not it's in good taste.

what are you thinking of getting? the most common things i suppose are roses, butterflies, anything tribal.. they are most likely to be perceived the wrong way.
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
kita_h4unted
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote kita_h4unted Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 5:52am

i say go for it Glomp

of course, theres always stigmas with certain tattoos such as lower back and such. but really, if its what you want, it will look awesome and it only matters to you

im sure you'll find someone who will love the tat as much as you do :)

girl tats ftw!!!
hotness... =O
it's only as dark as you make it :}
IP IP Logged
xRoh
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote xRoh Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 6:02am
I was going to get a set of cherries on my chest/collarbone, then from there I'd eventually get the Horrorpops skull inbetween them and a woman at the top of my arm.

I had it all planned out. And now I'm having doubts. Argh!
IP IP Logged
onega
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote onega Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 6:04am
Originally posted by ihaveonlyme

i don't think tattoos on girls are trashy at all! in fact, i'm more attracted to girls with tattoos

He's absolutely right !! i mean we're not trashy with ink.. I personnally believe we're more beautiful, well of course it depends of the tat, but it's the girl's general attitude that makes the trashy part or not.. certainly not the ink.. I plan on a lot of ink in the future, and have got all sorts of  negative comments about my future plans and all, but at some point people will realise  why they liked you in the first place and that your modifications didn't change the nice/friendly/ loyal/etc person you were. if they don't they were never meant to be your friends in the first place.

Edit : go for it ! sounds like a lovely plan.

Edited by onega - July/29/2008 at 6:05am
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/29/2008 at 6:04am
ach, no, go for that!

that sounds well hot and not trashy in the slightest.

shoulders back, head straight, walk into a room acting like you own the place and people will go *woooooow*
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version