<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: A youth overdosing on animosity and loath Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
xjessiex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote xjessiex Replybullet Posted: August/27/2008 at 2:30pm

wow reading things like this really puts life into perspective for you.

it feels sometimes we go through life so alone and seperated from others who can be so close to you. stories like these remind me that what we take at face value from those around us can be so utterly wrong.
i guess all i wanted to say is that its good to see that theres a place where you can share these issues cos in my opinion talking about things openly is a great help.

i'm feeling very motherly at this moment in time and at major risk of sounding like a douche i wanna give you all a massive group cyber hug!

Hug

ps  rodeo i have a nine year old sister who is chubby from her epilepsy meds and gets the shit teased out of her school too:/ cos of this she refuses to eat properly...and then schools wonder where many eating disorders stem from. now i'm no advocator of child abuse but to some kids nothing but a good kick up the arse will do. i freely tell my sister to tell kids to stick it or deal with me (cos to a small backwards country town i'm pretty scary:P)

Edited by xjessiex - August/27/2008 at 2:39pm
IP IP Logged
linda
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote linda Replybullet Posted: August/27/2008 at 3:56pm
yay group hug!!!

Hug
IP IP Logged
jim01
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote jim01 Replybullet Posted: August/27/2008 at 4:15pm

any body who hasn't dealt with depression doesn't under stand how hard it's to face your demons publicly. to have posted those pic of the torment you and others have went through takes great courage.  like i said before i have suffered from it my self for over 20 yrs. so when i see your scars i see someone wanting help but doesn't  under stand what's wrong and how to get said help. so I'm not arguing or trying to start and argument but i thank your pics.should stay but that's not my decision. i look at yours and others scars as a type of scarification. the pain from them at that moment seam to be your only outlet.like i said before i admire you for your courage to reach out to your younger sister.for those who suffer with this please don't Waite to find some help if it's just talking to someone from bod mods. don't be like me any try to keep it hidden and deal with on your own you can't so please reach out.  i hope you can under stand what I'm trying to say.  

Edited by jim01 - August/30/2008 at 4:26am
IP IP Logged
Rodeo-Core
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 13

Quote Rodeo-Core Replybullet Posted: August/28/2008 at 2:30am
cheers jim01 and all the other people inputting on this, i have swapped my pics around to keep the peace :)

i have a good structure of friends around me now, some i've known for years others mearly weeks, i find wearing my heart and felings on my sleeve from the outset helps alot of people either accept you or reject you, the friend s who stick around know me and know my problem so there is never any difficulties

i feel comfortable to be like yeah its me i shouldnt but i do and i wanna be totally free one day, honesty is really the best policy as far as suffering is concerned i think

x

Be The First To Stand
IP IP Logged
jim01
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote jim01 Replybullet Posted: August/30/2008 at 5:54am

I'm glad you have friends who are under standing enough to help you through some of the bad times that means a hole lot. i went through times of crying for no reason and then at some of my darkest moments i wanted to end my life.i didn't know why this was going on i was to embarrass to talk to any of my friends. then when i did try to talk about my problems it ended like i was a big joke.i was on job working away from home and i ran into a friend i hadn't seen in almost 10yrs. we were eating lunch 1 day and he started talking about having a doctor appointment to get his depression medicine. then he sort of started to talk about his symptoms and i realized we wasn't talk just about him what was me we were talking about. the next day i don't know to this day were i get the courage to talk to him about what was happening to me. he got me to realize i need to see a doctor i finally went to see one and was put on medication. so with the medication and being able to talk to good friend. i finally feel like was going on the right road in the right direction for the first time i my life. so if there is someone you feel comfortable with sit down and just talk to them you don't have to pour your heart out all you have to is just start out with baby steps a little at a time. well i have rattle on way to long i hope this make sense    just don't keep it bottled up to long.  

Edited by jim01 - August/31/2008 at 10:18pm
IP IP Logged
CurlsInMyCoffee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote CurlsInMyCoffee Replybullet Posted: December/16/2010 at 10:01pm
I'm in the middle of a long 'getting my nerve up' phase.  :)
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version