Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: help anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
XxmercymexX
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote XxmercymexX Replybullet Topic: help anyone?
    Posted: November/11/2008 at 11:32am

i got a verical labret done yesterday afternoon. The piercer who did it had to put the needle though twice. the first time she went from the bottom up and it was PERFECT! but the jewelry got stuck and she took the needle out so she could use pliers to get the damned  barbell out. she said that she was going to go from the top down back through the same hole and put in a new barbell. however, i think she missed on the bottom as i can clearly see where the original hole was. obviously my piercing is crooked. fairly noticably. i didnt really know how much because my lip was/ is swollen. my question is, should i wait and see what happens once its more healed? should i go back in and have someone "fix it"? suggestions???

heres a picture in case it helps...it from a phone so it looks horrible...sorry

IP IP Logged
Amplexus
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote Amplexus Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 12:00pm
Depends how happy you are with it. If you really dislike it and want it redone, then you should take it out asap to allow it to heal. Personally, I would go back to the piercer and ask for it to be done again. They should do this free of charge since it is so obviously crooked.

Good luck. 
Glimmi says: But yeah theres that old saying you can't judge a book by it's cover, cause it could have like 60 piercings in it's cock......Well that's not how the saying actually goes but you get my point.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 12:41pm
Wow. That's really unfortunate that that had happened to you. I'm a little confused on how the jewelry "got stuck" and then the needle was removed. I guess just poorly executed jewelry transfer. I don't think she should have pierced it twice, and should have given you a free piercing after a week of healing.

My suggestion is remove it and have it redone. Your piercer should do it for free, since it was a mistake on her part. It's obviously crooked and I don't know anyone who would want to live with that.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
k.harr
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote k.harr Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 1:00pm
personally that would drive me crazy, that its not perfectly straight. (or even close) i should hope the piercer would re-do it for free, for their mistake.
IP IP Logged
PUNKPIERCER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 34

Quote PUNKPIERCER Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 1:19pm
it is clearly crooked. i would go back and see your piercer and show her. and get it fixed for no charge. are get your money back and go else were. im not saying she is a bad piercer we all miss jewelry transfers at times but she should not have pierced you twice that causes to much trauma to lip.  
You pick it i poke it!
IP IP Logged
XxmercymexX
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote XxmercymexX Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 1:40pm
she didnt pierce it twice so much as in move the needle if that makes any sense...she wasnt my normal piercer so i will call my regular guy and see what he says...they do have a money back and free fix thing so it wont be too big of a deal
thanks for the suggestions!
IP IP Logged
Piff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 34

Quote Piff Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 3:00pm
I'm seeing this more and more lately and getting pissed. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO TAPERS PEOPLE. Even customers I talked to who have been pierced twice ask me why their piercer didnt use a taper after missing jewelery transfer .

Piff
Orange County Tattoo & Body Piercing
22 East Main St.
Walden NY,12586
845-778-3772
IP IP Logged
yerevan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote yerevan Replybullet Posted: November/11/2008 at 4:25pm
oh dear that is crooked, but it's not a problem, give it a few days, once the swelling goes down it may get better, if not, take it out let it heal and get it re-done by someone else!
They say goldfish have no memory- I guess their lives are just like mine.
And the little plastic castle is a surprise every time...
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: November/15/2008 at 12:22pm
It doesn't matter what the reason, once the needle goes through the first time, you don't put it through again.  That's what tapers are for.  If she had used a taper, you wouldn't have ended up with a second hole.  I agree, go back and have them redo it.
IP IP Logged
Wallie
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 21

Quote Wallie Replybullet Posted: November/17/2008 at 3:28am
i go back to the piercer & get them to look @ there dodgy job. if they refuse to well....      theres always forums to post ya pic's & how they did a bad job & woudnt fix it :-D
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version