Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Q&A for BMod Professionals
 BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: UV Tattoos? Post Reply Post New Topic
zppty
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote zppty Replybullet Topic: UV Tattoos?
    Posted: November/15/2008 at 2:38pm
Hi,

Has anyone had experience using UV ink? I want a tattoo that can be easily hidden but im curious about scaring and the dangers of UV ink heard horror storys but never from professionals.

Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
bodilycharm
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 46

Quote bodilycharm Replybullet Posted: December/31/2008 at 3:53am
I have heard a lot of tattooists say they won't use UV pigment because it's too dangerous. The fact is, I don't know of a single tattoo pigment that is FDA-approved for human use.  I do know, however, that there are UV pigments that are FDA-approved for animal/veterinary use. Whether you consider human clients to be animals is probably your call, but states that regulate tattooing have yet to regulate pigments, in general.

UV pigments for animal use do not contain phosphorus, which is the "dangerous" part of the offending inks that most tattooists are talking about. Phosphorus pigments are "glow-in-the-dark" AND UV active, thus giving the UV-only pigments a bad name. Armed with information, the choice to use UV on your clients is up to you. Good luck!
Texas Betty
Bodily Charm Tattoo, Utica, NY
IP IP Logged
skincrayon
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote skincrayon Replybullet Posted: December/31/2008 at 5:48am
Originally posted by bodilycharm

I have heard a lot of tattooists say they won't use UV pigment because it's too dangerous. The fact is, I don't know of a single tattoo pigment that is FDA-approved for human use.  I do know, however, that there are UV pigments that are FDA-approved for animal/veterinary use. Whether you consider human clients to be animals is probably your call, but states that regulate tattooing have yet to regulate pigments, in general.

UV pigments for animal use do not contain phosphorus, which is the "dangerous" part of the offending inks that most tattooists are talking about. Phosphorus pigments are "glow-in-the-dark" AND UV active, thus giving the UV-only pigments a bad name. Armed with information, the choice to use UV on your clients is up to you. Good luck!

but dont all uv pigments contain some form of radioactive substance? they must to radiate/reflect uv-spectrum light...correct?

im not sure what the levels are as even granite is radioactive and its hardly harmful.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version