Message Icon Topic: suspension hook scars Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
JuL_crimson
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote JuL_crimson Replybullet Topic: suspension hook scars
    Posted: December/20/2008 at 8:51pm
ok well I want to suspend eventually but my skin developps scars at nothing and I was wondering if anyone here had any bad experiences with proeminent scars afterwards.

IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: December/20/2008 at 8:57pm

i don't have any problems with scars and i've done 2 suspensions so far. i've been told it hurts more to get the hooks placed if they're placed where you have scars from previous suspensions. in other words, if you do the same suspension twice. my two suspensions were different so i haven't had hooks placed in the same place.

You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: December/20/2008 at 9:03pm
i scar really easy. and when i did my suspension i didn't scar too bad. if you don't pick at them it shouldn't be too bad. 
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
stuffsh
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote stuffsh Replybullet Posted: December/20/2008 at 9:54pm
My scarring is pretty obvious, but I scar at anything.. you can just about see the chest ones in my profile pic (the sets of four dots under my collar bones)
My scars on my chest are raised and slightly pinkish, but I love them, and people love to touch them too.
The ones on my back aren't as obvious though, I think that's due to the fact I didn't irritate them as much during healing (I wanted to keep my scars btw... they're a symbol of my strength)
Pierced, Stretched, Burnt, Suspended, Inked, Punched, Bifurcated and Magnetised
IP IP Logged
piercedphreack
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 26

Quote piercedphreack Replybullet Posted: December/20/2008 at 10:13pm
I've done quite a few suspensions. Most of the scars are not even noticeable. My knees are the only ones that kind of stand out.
When the fuck did we get ice cream?
IP IP Logged
Ashleigh
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Ashleigh Replybullet Posted: December/21/2008 at 1:54am
I suspended 6 months ago and the scars are the same...it seriously looks like I just went up! But again, like others, I scar at the drop of a hat...I still have a scar from an IV that was put in my hand almost 9 years ago!
IP IP Logged
Keairao
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 22

Quote Keairao Replybullet Posted: December/21/2008 at 3:29pm
With me, they are very obvious for about a year or so, but after that they tend to fade into nothing. You can barely see the marks from my first hooks on my back, but I did a lot of pulls in Sept/Oct of this year, my arm (where I had 10 hooks over those 2 months) looks like a car wreck, my chest scars are pretty obvious too. I'm pretty fair/pale, so scars show up vividly when they're in the red/healing phase, but once they've settled down (about a year) they fade to white and you can't see them very well on my skin.

If you're worried about the scars, try doing a suicide first, where the scars will be less obvious and mostly covered by clothing. You will soon see how your body heals them. From your picture, you look pretty fair too, so you may find the same thing that I do. On the plus side, the scars are pretty small (as long as you don't pick at them) and make for some interesting conversation if people see them.

As for piercing through scar tissue, it's the same as regular piercings. The skin is tougher to get through, so the piercing itself may take a bit longer, which means it hurts a little more. We try to place new hooks a little ways away from old scars, but after enough hooks, that becomes impossible.
IP IP Logged
JuL_crimson
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote JuL_crimson Replybullet Posted: December/21/2008 at 7:56pm
thanks for all the feedback guys! I'll see how it goes when I do it
IP IP Logged
BlueTroll
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote BlueTroll Replybullet Posted: January/26/2009 at 5:28pm
My scars on my back actually didn't take the ink out of my backpiece.. its faded, not completely removed.. My knees are pretty bad because I tear (no matter who hooks them, or using different locations, I tear) and my chest is noticeable.. As for resurrections/coma (stuff on the torso) they're raised white scars.. On my torso, scars from my hip piercings are more prominent than the suspension scars, even the sea demons.. (6ga)
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: January/26/2009 at 7:21pm
an older topic, but my scars are pretty faded too. my two point suspension involved two 6g(4.1mm) hooks and they didn't really leave any marks. currently they are slightly darker than the rest of my skin, but they are only about six, nearly seven months old. after a year to a year and a half my chest scarification was no longer pink and it all was white, and i assume the suspension scars will be similar, since that's how i tend to scar (that's how my chicken pox scars are, too). i don't think they will raise though. they likely would have by now. for piercings to leave marks i usually have to have something worn in them for at least a day, and then remove it. the hooks were probably only in for ten-ish minutes, and mine didn't tear.
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version