<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Event: Piercing Too High? - Event Date: January/01/2009 Post Reply Post New Topic
ma14xy
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote ma14xy Replybullet Calendar Event: Piercing Too High?
    Posted: January/01/2009 at 8:04am
Okay...so I have my lip pierced on the right side. Had it done for years.
Went to go get the middle of my lip pierced. When he marked it, it looked fine. It was right where I wanted it to go.
The outside looks fine, but the inside - the inside is wrong - I think.
I thought it would come out lower on the inside (of my mouth) - instead it seems like it may have gone through my actual lip, and is more diagnal than straight.

The back of the post of the stud touches the bottom part of my top lip when my mouth is closed.

Is this normal? I just don't remember having this problem when I got my other lip piercing done.
Should I go back and have them take it out? Or just leave it?
My lip itself is swollen, I do proper aftercare....but I just dont know if the placement on the inside of my mouth is right.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
sweetiehoneybab
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 36

Quote sweetiehoneybab Replybullet Posted: January/01/2009 at 8:42am
It could just be from the swelling, but if you are at all unhappy, with the placement or anything else you should go talk to your piercer, the sooner the better, im sure he wont mind at all if you stop by to ask if its okay, any decent pro would be happy to help even if itsjust to reasure you its fine. 

But if it is that its been pierced on angle and your not happy then say so, take it out and get him to re done it for you. And the next time always make sure it is perfect and your compleatly happy before you leave the shop.

i hope its all okay for you.

Shell x
there is nothing worse than leting it go and having to live with a badly placed piercing.
IP IP Logged
Yika
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 61

Quote Yika Replybullet Posted: January/01/2009 at 10:11am
i would do the same. if i dont like something i go back to how ever did it and get them to do it better the way i want
IP IP Logged
NFG_ISHC_FAN
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote NFG_ISHC_FAN Replybullet Posted: January/01/2009 at 9:20pm
i have had the right side of my lip pierced for 5 years, 2 years ago i decided to have the other side pierced & mine are extremely wonkey, but when the spot was marked it looked good...
there are ways of it not looking so obvious though so it doesn't matter, it doesn't bother me in anyway so...
IP IP Logged
bodymodmitch
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 11

Quote bodymodmitch Replybullet Posted: January/01/2009 at 10:26pm
i know its not the lip piercing that i am going to say about but when i had my bridge pierced it went on a bit of a angle for a few weeks asked at the studio and that was due to swelling it corrected it self.

FYI PLEASE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU 5/6 YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST HAD MY LABRET DONE THE BAR WAS TO SMALL AND SUNK IN TO MY LIP!! FOLLOWED MY THE A&E DEPARTMENT BEING PISSED THAT I HAD TO GET IT CUT OUT EVEN THOUGH IT DONT LOOK COOL WHEN ITS DONE GET A BIGGER LABRET BAR. I HAVE BEEN THERE AND IT RECKS
dont let the bastards grind you down
IP IP Logged
zoyara
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 62

Quote zoyara Replybullet Posted: January/01/2009 at 10:44pm
YOU SHOULD DEFINITIVELY  SHOULD HAVE YOUR PIERCER TAKE A LOOK AT IT, HIM OR HER WILL PROBABLY TELL YOU TO WAIT TILL THE SWELLING COMES DOWN DO, BUT IF IT REALLY BOTHERS YOU JUST RE DO IT BUT WAIT TILL YOUR LIP GOES BACK TO NORMAL OTHER WISE ITS A VERY HIGH PROBABILITY THAT IT MAY COME OUT CROOKED. 
-ZOYARA-
IP IP Logged
NightWolf
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 43

Quote NightWolf Replybullet Posted: January/01/2009 at 11:04pm
agreed with all the above. it probably is just the swelling. I've had many piercings look off, but in a few weeks they were fine.
IP IP Logged
mbs08
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 16

Quote mbs08 Replybullet Posted: January/02/2009 at 9:46am
i agree as well  i had the right side of my lip done almost a year ago and i only had swelling for an hour.  and i smoked a cig  right after it was done..  it depends on ur body and how it accepts piercings.. id let the swelling go down before you consult ur piercer
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/02/2009 at 2:04pm
It could be swelling, but the way it sounds, it could also be pierced at an angle. You could discuss it with your piercer to see if the jewelry placement is too high. If it wasn't done properly, your piercer should take care of you. You can take it out and have it redone, or after it's healed you can find other jewelry options that may be more comfortable to wear.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Jack Crrack
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote Jack Crrack Replybullet Posted: January/03/2009 at 2:11pm
My nipple looked slightly off for the first few weeks due to swelling. My piercer assured me that this was the case and said he'd redo it and refund me if it healed wonky.
Had it for about 6-7 weeks now and it's perfectly straight.

I'd still reccomend getting it checked out though.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version