Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: septum stretching... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
howellbe
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote howellbe Replybullet Topic: septum stretching...
    Posted: February/09/2009 at 9:58am
I have a lot of stupid piercing questions, sorry.

I am currently at 12g in my septum and trying to go to 10g. It hurts like a bitch! like worse than the piercing itsself, it starts to seriously burn. Can I tape it up with PTFE?
I've tried the following jewelry: retainer (i have to have a retainer in half the time so I have a 10g retainer as well as other jewlery for it), pincher, CBB, and BCR but everything with a non-tapered end won't go in. and the pincher just hurts like hell. more than my tattoo more than any of my piercings/stretches.

For some reason when I went from 14g to 12g the 12g fit in easily. I have no clue why--maybe one of my pieces of jewelry wasn't a true gauge.

I realize its not ready and I'm not going to push it, but for those of you with stretched septums, is there anything you do to help it along, or does it just take time? Do septums require more time between stretches than lobes?

thanks for any help and have an awesome day!
Z
If you help me, know that I greatly appreciate it. Have a good day/night... -Z
IP IP Logged
xsummerx
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote xsummerx Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 10:02am
hmm well its cartlidge so yeah more time is nesseacary
and taping up with bondage tape is defintly the way
OOOOH! NAVY SEALS!
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 10:13am
i've mentioned in previous threads that i'm a pretty lazy person when it comes to stretching, so i wait really long amount of time in between stretches, and that seems to give me no problems with stretching up.

have you measured all of the pieces that are supposed to be 10g(2.6mm), as well as the taper? sometimes it happens that you have the wrong sizes, even from reputable distributors. it happens, that's life. i'd measure your current jewellery too just to make it is truely the size you think it is.

if size of the jewellery and taper isn't the issue, how long has it been since the last stretch? personally i had to wait longer in between stretches than with any other softer tissue piercing, like lobes. at some point just like a lot of my piercings it would happen that they weren't ready to go up within recommended time periods, so i would just wait longer. i can't imagine trying to use the tape wrapping method with such a small size, but with PTFE tape and some manipulation it could probably be done. bondage tape is out of the question.
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
howellbe
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote howellbe Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 10:33am
Originally posted by eatenplacenta

i've mentioned in previous threads that i'm a pretty lazy person when it comes to stretching, so i wait really long amount of time in between stretches, and that seems to give me no problems with stretching up.

have you measured all of the pieces that are supposed to be 10g(2.6mm), as well as the taper? sometimes it happens that you have the wrong sizes, even from reputable distributors. it happens, that's life. i'd measure your current jewellery too just to make it is truely the size you think it is.

if size of the jewellery and taper isn't the issue, how long has it been since the last stretch? personally i had to wait longer in between stretches than with any other softer tissue piercing, like lobes. at some point just like a lot of my piercings it would happen that they weren't ready to go up within recommended time periods, so i would just wait longer. i can't imagine trying to use the tape wrapping method with such a small size, but with PTFE tape and some manipulation it could probably be done. bondage tape is out of the question.

Huh. Yeah I measured all the 10gs, all from BAF, and they're all the same.
Umm about 6 weeks, so yeah I could wait longer. I'm quite handy with my fingers (handsewing for 7 years ><) so I may PTFE it a bit.
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
xsummerx
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote xsummerx Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 10:39am
ah sorry I only mentioned taping as I don't know the difference in conversions : /
OOOOH! NAVY SEALS!
IP IP Logged
JamesApocalypse
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 20

Quote JamesApocalypse Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by xsummerx

hmm well its cartlidge so yeah more time is nesseacary
and taping up with bondage tape is defintly the way

septum piercings do not go through the cartilage.  Stretching your septum hurts worse than any other stretch i have done.  Afterwards it feels like you got punched in the face.  Tape, especially at such a small gauge, is going to be really hard to get in.  Tapers are probably going to be your best bet, but don't force it... i shudder just thinking about a blown out septum.
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 12:05pm
If it hurts it's basically not ready. I'm with eaten on this and 'like' eaten too, i usually wait a lot of time between each stretch as i am lazy haha.
I usually wait 2 or plus months between each septum stretch (for the last one i waited almost 5months) even though my septum is quite stretchy.

Wich jewelry are you using? I found that bullet keepers works really well for septum. I used them and the stretches were really easy in my opinion. You can always try using PTFE tape but at that small size it'll be a bit trciky to use.
IP IP Logged
BlueTroll
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote BlueTroll Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 12:22pm
Some septum piercings are through the cartilage if the person doesn't have a good sweet spot, or a good piercer.. or if its larger gauge. Mine is 0ga (punched) and obviously had to go through the cartilage.
IP IP Logged
howellbe
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote howellbe Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by grundstuck

If it hurts it's basically not ready. I'm with eaten on this and 'like' eaten too, i usually wait a lot of time between each stretch as i am lazy haha.
I usually wait 2 or plus months between each septum stretch (for the last one i waited almost 5months) even though my septum is quite stretchy.

Wich jewelry are you using? I found that bullet keepers works really well for septum. I used them and the stretches were really easy in my opinion. You can always try using PTFE tape but at that small size it'll be a bit trciky to use.

good idea I will wait.
havent tried those yet. i've tried a pincher, a cbb, a bcr, and a retainer and none will work so I will try the bullet keeper if none of those work in a few months.
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
xsummerx
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote xsummerx Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 1:46pm
ok well mine i have had mine done 3 times an have stretched to 10mm an i thought that the surrounding area was cartlidge
OOOOH! NAVY SEALS!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version