Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Is my nipple piercing infected? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
girlygirl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote girlygirl Replybullet Topic: Is my nipple piercing infected?
    Posted: June/18/2003 at 10:59pm

I got my nipple pierced about 2 months ago.  I am still having a sticky discharge from one side.  Sometimes it is yellowish.  But sometimes it is just white.  I have read about lymphing.  My piercer told me to expect it but this seems a little excessive.  Also,  curiously it is just one side.  The other one is doing great.  No lymphing even.

My husband (who is not moded) thinks it is because the barbell is too short and it aggrevates the hole.

Do you all use internally threaded jewelry on your nipple piercings?  The one I have in is externally threaded.

Anyone who has experience with this?

girlygirl
IP IP Logged
MissEmpty
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 17

Quote MissEmpty Replybullet Posted: June/19/2003 at 4:42am

Now, I'm sure someone will come along and say something, so I might as well jump the gun here.

A- Just because one is healing fine never means they will both heal the same. They are of course, two different body parts, and everyones nips are different. And being a girl, you know your nips are different even in the slightest way from one another. IE- size/color/shape/density...etc...

B- I do so hope your piercer informed you that it will take 6 months or more for them to heal... And with nearly all nips I've handled (no pun intended) some can take over a year to heal completely and properly. The discharge you are experiencing is normal.

My suggestion for you is to continue with sea salt/water rinses daily. Don't handle it too much. and to save from any potential problems, if you're so inclined, go purchase some sanitary gloves to wear when you do have to clean it/handle it. Avoid any discomfort by wearing a tighter bra when you have to be out an about, basically to keep it from becoming anymore irritated by too much obtrusion and movement. Let it get air as much as possible. So walking around your house nekkid! (if possible) is the best thing. Especially after cleaning it.

Refer to the aftercare guide posted in this forum, if you have to, for cleaning solutions.

Hope it all works out.

I've done the math enough to know, the dangers of our second guessing.
IP IP Logged
skennypimp
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote skennypimp Replybullet Posted: June/19/2003 at 6:40pm

i've had my nipples pierced for 5 years now and if i don't take the jewelry out at least every 2 weeks and clean it they become sore

as for the barbell being to short it could be i've tried wearing barbells of different links and still my nipples become sore so i wear cbr and crv barbells and while i'm in the shower i twist it back and forth to remove what i call piercing gunk (dead skin) these are just pointers to make it more comfortable when it completely heals

as for what your expierencing i would get a bottle of ear piercing solution and some q tips and clean the ring a few times a day this should help the healing process without drying it out like peroxide and alchol do they also slow down the healing process you may want to try a cbr too there easier to keep clean

IP IP Logged
girlygirl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote girlygirl Replybullet Posted: June/23/2003 at 8:44pm

It was the barbell.  I hate it - my husband is always right

I put a 1",  12 gauge and it was almost instantly better.  Isn't that dramatic?!  I can't believe it.  No lymphing to speak of now.  My hubby said it was just too tight and no air was getting in there - and the junk couldn't get out.  Sure it makes sense now but I really thought my piercer would've put in the right size.  It looked ok - but now I think to myself duh obviously not.... Well anyway,  it is much better now.

That means I can go get another piercing now

girlygirl
IP IP Logged
t3chDzyn
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 16

Quote t3chDzyn Replybullet Posted: June/24/2003 at 6:39pm

Good to see you've pretty much fixed the problem.  As Miss Empty said, it does take 6 months to heal.  My nipple piercings seemed to take forever to heal cuz I was constantly getting discharge from them.  My advice would be this.

A.  The bra thing is a major deal.  As Miss Empty said, try not to wear one that is too tight.  And when possible, don't wear one at all... and send me pics, j/k.

B.  If you are cleaning it daily, just because you went to clean it and it looked fine doesn't mean that it is.  This was my problem, I'd clean it for a couple days and it was fine for about 2 more, then the discharge came back.  My old piercer used to give these little 2 oz bottles of antibacterial soap when you got a piercing.  I just kept cleaning it in the shower every morning untill the bottle was gone.  Point is, just because you can't see the infection anymore doesn't mean it's not really there.  And just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they arn't after you. =)

Hopefully it was just the barbell that was causing problems, that one may be pierced further back and has more flesh to go through, but you may want to try cleaning it for a little while longer.  Just don't do it too many times a day or you will just irritate it.

IP IP Logged
sahlein
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sahlein Replybullet Posted: June/24/2003 at 8:25pm
I'm here to tell you that even an ampallang can heal faster on one side than the other.  Mine did that to me.  I had an "irritation" on one side that took about three months to clear up.  what finally helped the most was cleaning with Saline Nasal Spray from W..GR.. N'S.  It is a mild solution made "isotonic" with sodium bicarbonate.  "Isotonic"  simply means that it won't cause a reaction (irritation) to the sensitive innerds of most humans.  It worked for me.  Look for the Orange lable.  Just turn the plastic bottle sideways and it squirts a stream, which seems ideal (to me), for cleaning purposes.  I've continued to use it for my other two penis piercings.  It worked well there as well.  I'm going to use it on my slave bitch when I do his mods too.  Hope this helps.                    
IP IP Logged
MooseMoods
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote MooseMoods Replybullet Posted: July/03/2003 at 9:05pm
I got my nips pierced about 2 yrs ago and they healed exceptionally quickly.  I was happy.  But, there is still that gross crusty stuff every once in a while from dead skin  if they are irritated.  I never wear bras (little boobies) so that doesn't help, but they do get lotsa AIR! :)
"We are all just fully animated books trying to tell our story." TLG
IP IP Logged
SimplyDmonic
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote SimplyDmonic Replybullet Posted: December/03/2003 at 3:02pm

I've had both mine done for over a year. The left side is a champ. The right side is a little bastard. It is always giving me hell. But both have a little gunk on them sometimes.

seasalts work well for me and i've tried the cbr and barbell swap. Didn't see a difference.

just my two cents.

IP IP Logged
summer
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote summer Replybullet Posted: April/20/2004 at 9:46am

mine are   from valentines day,,,,and the r one oozes clear  but i think   its only when my b aby pulls on it,,,,so    ya  dont always be naked,   saline  is what is recommended  by my piercers,,,,closest to the bodies natural healing solution,,,home made distilled water and sea salt,,,i kind of ignore mine and splash on some 91 alcohol, and some aloe e gel,,,,,,dont do what i do,,,

summerx
IP IP Logged
Crimsnbutterfly
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Crimsnbutterfly Replybullet Posted: April/20/2004 at 7:17pm

I just got mine done recently too. I have the problem with my right one. I went to my piercer and he was like it's impacted, you might have to take it out. And I was like Nooooo. lol But I've been cleaning and the icky stuff went away. My breast just hurts a bit.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version