Message Icon Topic: Amanda Wachob, Bloodline tattoos Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
heinous
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote heinous Replybullet Topic: Amanda Wachob, Bloodline tattoos
    Posted: March/28/2009 at 7:54am
I was having a gander through some other online communities and came across an artist called Amanda Wachob, I searched on here and by the looks of things she doesn't have an account. http://www.amandawachobtattoo.com/ I don't want to flood the post with images but I recommend that you have a look at her work

I've fallen in love with her work, I've seen stuff like it before but it's exactly on the lines of what I've been looking for, especially for my rib piece.

One of her techniques which I've heard is also used by other artists is known as the 'distilled water tattoo' which is created using distilled water as opposed to ink, and are impermanent; "An ideographic shape carries thought and stands for something beyond itself. It is intended that as your body heals the mark, the symbol’s energies are absorbed." It’s like an art hickey. (If you look on her webiste under 'conceptual' there are examples of the distilled water technique)

Has anyone on here had one done as a piece, not being used in conjucntion with another tattoo? I've heard that bloodlining is done to make it easier for the artist to fill areas that don't have a definite outline. If anyone has could you post a picture? 

Edited by heinous - March/28/2009 at 7:54am
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 8:34am
you can see matt's (mrDahmer) newest tattoo that has that done around the outline.

it looks quite cool on those photos, but his is quite odd looking up close lol, but that will be because it's just there until his next appointment. i don't know much else about it other than that..

are you thinking of getting one done as an almost temporary tattoo? if i'm understanding you correctly?
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
you-fail-me
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote you-fail-me Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 9:09am
I've never heard of this lady before, so thanks for sharing, her portfolio is refreshingly different. 
IP IP Logged
Dakota V
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Dakota V Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 9:32am
i just had a look, i really like her work! it's really differnt, she has a new fan!
The night is full of holes, as bullets rip at sky of ink with gold
They twinkle as the boys play rock n roll
They know that they can't dance, at least they know
IP IP Logged
heinous
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote heinous Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Jeeennnnniiiii

you can see matt's (mrDahmer) newest tattoo that has that done around the outline.

it looks quite cool on those photos, but his is quite odd looking up close lol, but that will be because it's just there until his next appointment. i don't know much else about it other than that..

are you thinking of getting one done as an almost temporary tattoo? if i'm understanding you correctly?

I won't be getting a temporary, I just really like her work. I know that scarification and brandin are getting more popular and I wondered if anyone had a piece without any ink.

I've just had a look at his work but I'm confused as to which piece you're on about, if it's the newest one I can't really tell because of the quality of the photo.

Edited by heinous - March/28/2009 at 10:31am
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 11:16am
ahh right, it's just with you saying that it was impermanent, that's all.

his looks kind of grey.. though that is probably because it was done over the stencil ink.

in which case.. i'm curious (for anyone who does know).. would a tattoo like this have to be done freehand to avoid this?

yeah, the pic is kinda blurry (best you can get with the phone) but it'll give you an idea.

well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
QOTSA90
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote QOTSA90 Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 11:46am

"She has been pushing the boundaries of the tattoo medium in order to blur the line between fine art and body art,"

..no shit. How does she make it look like an oil painting ? :S that's amazin'
Would anyone mind if I used the Bodymod Skully next time?
IP IP Logged
pointblankzero
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote pointblankzero Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 12:05pm
holy crap, this artist is fucking amazing! there's no-one round here anywhere near that level of skill.. wow.
IP IP Logged
Colombel
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote Colombel Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 12:28pm
that is amazing how she gets that look.... brovo, I want to see more of her work... we need to get her on this site lol
IP IP Logged
you-fail-me
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote you-fail-me Replybullet Posted: March/28/2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Jeeennnnniiiii

ahh right, it's just with you saying that it was impermanent, that's all.

his looks kind of grey.. though that is probably because it was done over the stencil ink.

in which case.. i'm curious (for anyone who does know).. would a tattoo like this have to be done freehand to avoid this?

yeah, the pic is kinda blurry (best you can get with the phone) but it'll give you an idea.

I'm probably wrong, but that looks like it's been blood-lined with sumi ink.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version