Message Icon Topic: Armpit hair Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
hiddenninjah
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote hiddenninjah Replybullet Topic: Armpit hair
    Posted: April/29/2009 at 10:19am
First off, let me mention this has nothing to do with the other thread talking about armpits, lol. I came up with an idea in my car a couple days ago that dying my armpit hair would be cool. I'm a 19 year old guy who wants to have colored armpits, wo0t wo0t! I hear that bleach wouldn't work out to well via internet search because the armpits are sensitive. What can I use to dye my armpit hair white? I'll need to dye it white first so I can then dye it the color of my choice which I think is going to be inbetween light and dark purple. All input is appreciated! Thanks all! P.S. I'm asking you guys first before I make a fool of myself to the indian guy at the beauty supply store, hehe.
IP IP Logged
standingtyping
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote standingtyping Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 10:24am
can't dye hair white, unless your grey hair has a yellow tinge then you can "tone" it to appear whiter. Hair has to be lightened to white or very light blond. The only way *I* know to lighten hair is bleach... if you were willing to have darker hair near the skin I 'pose you could be very careful and bleach your pits =/ but the idea frightens me a tad.

and there I've been no help what so ever!

seriously, I don't see why you couldn't bleach the TIPS of your pit hair, but I would not put the bleach within a 1/2 inch of the skin.

the more I think about this the more I think the tips done purple would look nifty.

Edited by standingtyping - April/29/2009 at 10:25am
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."
IP IP Logged
hiddenninjah
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote hiddenninjah Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 10:59am
I didn't mean dye the hair white, but use something similar to bleach. I hear there are other alternatives; I have to look into them. Bleach sounds too dangerous for me though, even if it's just for the tips. Anyways, I'm going to take precautions with this and not do the whole pit at once, just sections. I'll take things slow with this.
IP IP Logged
ambermaee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote ambermaee Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 11:56am
if you do dark purple, you can probably just put it over whatever the current color is.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 12:03pm
i have no advice, i just wanted to let you know that i found it laughable you posted in the "i want something, but i need help" and the thread was "armpit hair."
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
standingtyping
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote standingtyping Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by hiddenninjah

I didn't mean dye the hair white, but use something similar to bleach. I hear there are other alternatives; I have to look into them. Bleach sounds too dangerous for me though, even if it's just for the tips. Anyways, I'm going to take precautions with this and not do the whole pit at once, just sections. I'll take things slow with this.

the only alternatives I know work only on hair that is already blond, and they all involve lemon juice and time in the sun =/ when you find other ways that work PLEASE share!? I want to lighten my hair but I've officially bleached my hair until bangs were chemically cut. Clearly I need a healthier respect of bleachBig%20Grin
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."
IP IP Logged
Carmeta
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Carmeta Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 1:28pm
I don't see why you shouldn't bleach the hair in your armpits when you have no problems bleaching the hair on your head. maybe do an allergy-test on a little spot beforehand but I really think it won't be that much of an irritation to the skin if you only do it once.
"If only we had more women like her, what a revolution we could have!"
IP IP Logged
hiddenninjah
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote hiddenninjah Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 2:04pm
I'm going to need to get rid of the current color, black. Purple will not go over it. I'm going to try to lighten the hair two different times. Once being a test over a little patch and the second will be to finish it if it turns out right. I'm still pending on how this will be done. I'm excited though.
IP IP Logged
Carmeta
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Carmeta Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 2:24pm
please post pics in your journal when you're done!
"If only we had more women like her, what a revolution we could have!"
IP IP Logged
JuL_crimson
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote JuL_crimson Replybullet Posted: April/29/2009 at 3:31pm
thats a funny idea....looking forward to see pics! :P
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version