<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Pierce Your Ear Without a Gun - WikiHow Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
overgone2007
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote overgone2007 Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 3:21am
I think ear lube must be that stuff that gathers on your plugs if you don't clean them for a while. . .  oh no wait, that's assorted filth.  My bad!
Windows has detected a mouse movement. Please restart windows for changes to take effect.
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 3:33am
I noticed that you can edit all the info, including erasing the whole damn article.  I'll give it a few days so everyone can have a good laugh and leave their comments, then I'll just go in and change it.
IP IP Logged
v4climber
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote v4climber Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Carrie_p2005

I noticed that you can edit all the info, including erasing the whole damn article.  I'll give it a few days so everyone can have a good laugh and leave their comments, then I'll just go in and change it.
Pleased
IP IP Logged
Rhuin
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 51

Quote Rhuin Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 9:55am
I added in

I highly reccomend actually going to a piercers. It's much safer as all of this information is utter rubbish and will likely result in infection.

and in the tips part:
Go to a piercer.
I choose my own way to burn
IP IP Logged
LAFhasheart
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote LAFhasheart Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 4:18pm
Wait... That's not what you're supposed to do? Are you supposed to use MORE bleach? It's ok to stretch with pen caps right?
Kyle Paul Turner. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 8:44pm
If it is to be changed (the article),
Can everyone here come to an agreement on how a person should pierce his/or her ears?
"go to a piercer" "cough the money" & "don't" are not viable answers.

IP IP Logged
Jesykka
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Jesykka Replybullet Posted: April/30/2009 at 10:49pm
^ That.
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: May/01/2009 at 2:25am
People self-pierce correctly all the time. It's a matter of having the proper tools and prior research. I think that's what Felonious Drunk was referring to. I personally don't have the knowledge required to update the post on how to self-pierce correctly, but I think if we're going to actually edit it, someone who has the know-how should do so. 
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: May/01/2009 at 3:04am
Originally posted by overgone2007

HOW TO PIERCE YOUR EAR WITHOUT A GUN: 4 STEPS

STEPS

1. Go to a piercer

2. Pay money

3. Get piercing done by a professional in a clean and safe environment

4. Go home with a good quality piercing that won't make your lube rot and fall off

TIPS

1. Choose a decent piercer with a good rep and excellent hygiene standards

WARNINGS

1. May cost money

2. May result in a good quality piercing therefore eradicating the need to make a trip to your local hospital to see that hot nurse.

plus mothafuckin' won.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: May/01/2009 at 3:28am
== Steps ==
#First things first, your going to need these items; a box of clean single-use gloves. a sanitary environment for your set up, a sengle use dental bib, a single use triple bevelled hypodermic needle, antimicrobial soap, water, a piece of quality jewelery made of surgical stainless or titanium, a neoprene cork, a receiving tube, and a brand-new single use non-acidic marker.

# Take the needle, cork, and jewellery somewhere with an autoclave and have it processed in a single-use sterile pouch. DO NOT TOUCH THE NEEDLE BARE HANDED. Cross contamination is the easiest way to get an infection, followed closely by playing with it with dirty hands while it's healing.

# Wash your hands and the piercing location with anti-microbial soap and wipe off the residue.

# Put on gloves.

# Take the marker and make one mark where you'd like the jewelery. If you eventually wish to stretch your lobes further, mark them a little higher than center, and a bit closer to the face than the outside of your ear. If you want to wear a stud-type piece of jewelery (rarely crafted of decent materials and not suitable for initial piercings) mark it more centered on the lobe. Repeat this process with the other side if desired.

# Open the needle and jewellery package.

# Then place the needle on the marked spot. Make sure you will pierce straight through and into the receiving tube. having a several fixed mirrors to view alternate angles of your head may help.

# Press inward. Do this at a medium pace and be firm. do not jab.

# Push the needle halfway into the receiving tube and carefully place the cork on the end.

# Let your ear relax for a short while, holding the cork to releive pressure from it's weight.

# Slowly butt the jewelery against the needle and push through in one continous, fluid motion.

#And that should give you your very own ear piercing!

#If you'd like to stretch your piercing, wait until it is FULLY healed (AT LEAST 4 months). Do not go straight from an 18 or 20 to a 14. This can damage tissue and lead to blowouts and massive irritation as well as swelling and possibly migration. Do not stretch more than one size every 3 months or so. For a healthy guide to stretching, you may go to http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts~TID~9647~KW~healthy+stretching.htm .      -k
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version