Message Icon Topic: questions about nipple piercings Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Topic: questions about nipple piercings
    Posted: May/03/2009 at 10:21pm
so i'm thinking about just getting over myself and getting my nipples pierced. but i have some questions mostly just regarding healing and my body

questions are!

1: since i am rather large chested i have to wear slightly padded bras to avoid severe back pain. will this cause any disruptions with healing?

...actually that's the only question i have for right now. but any advice/help is appreciated!
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
harley.g
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote harley.g Replybullet Posted: May/03/2009 at 10:58pm
Im no pro, but you might want to start off with barbells to heal with. it might also depend of umm im ganna try to say this as plight as possible. It might also depend on how "full" your bra is.

so start off with barbells.
and  make sure your bra is very comfortable.
IP IP Logged
Yika
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 61

Quote Yika Replybullet Posted: May/03/2009 at 10:59pm
well hun that sounds like my chest and really its fine i still have some healing to go but thats for other reasons(baby). but you should be fine. just do the usual sss and they will heal. nipples can sometimes take a long time to heal but i would say about 6mouths to a year. that may sound like a long time but it really isnt. just dont play with them for at least 2-4 mouths and you it will be all good.
IP IP Logged
freckledimple
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 41

Quote freckledimple Replybullet Posted: May/03/2009 at 11:35pm

A bra was bliss while my nipples were healing.  It keeps your sensitive nipples from getting too much friction.

IP IP Logged
childofthewild
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote childofthewild Replybullet Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:09am
Bras actually really help for women and helping nipple piercings heal because they really keep them in place and prevent them from moving. Straight barbells are the best jewelry to have in there because from what I've heard with other nipple piercing stories is that with CBR's or other circular jewelry it had caused migration and you really want to prevent that from happening. Be very gentle with them and do not rotate the jewelry or pick of the crusties around the barbells, a shower or sea salt soaks will take them off without irritating the piercing. On average it takes 6 months to heal but depending on how well you keep them clean and your body's reaction to them it could take longer. Just make sure you're comfortable overall with who is piercing you and the environment you're in because if they mess up then healing will be harder or you will be dissatisfied with it overall. I personally think every piercing I get through thoroughly before getting anything and especially with nipple piercings I feel you should do the same.  

::edit:: make sure you are always wearing a clean bra :) that is all

Edited by childofthewild - May/04/2009 at 12:13am
clubbed drugged and left on a bench

IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:14am
oh yeah i'm still thinking of i really want to get this done.

and it seems like i have to readjust myself every other second so i'm worried that will mess up healing and stuff.
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
FeetyPajamas
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote FeetyPajamas Replybullet Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:24am
I survived it, you can too!!  I wish I'd held out for the bars though. :(

And yeah, my bra has been my best friend.  I slept in a sports bra for a while too.  You know all about the SSS etc. :P  

"Just lil ol' me. one lonely nipple"
IP IP Logged
childofthewild
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote childofthewild Replybullet Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:35am

if you have to re-adjust yourself all the time then you're probably not wearing a very good bra. victorias secret really does make good quality bras and i dont wear anything from anywhere else. they have good comfort and protection. Unless your bra just doesnt have the straps adjusted correctly or you're not wearing the right size (i'm not saying thats the case, i'm sure you know how to buy bras) just look into getting a really nice bra or two that you can alternate between washes for the healing time.

clubbed drugged and left on a bench

IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: May/04/2009 at 2:15am
oh i wouldn't doubt i'm wearing the wrong fitting bra. it seems every time i find one that fits for a moment, next time i put it on there's something wrong with it...
IP IP Logged
katykoz
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote katykoz Replybullet Posted: May/04/2009 at 2:31am
yup, sounds like you should go get fitted - once you get a correctly fitting bra you will be SO happy - it'll help w/ your back too.

And I'm big chested and just got mine pierced a few weeks ago - like pp's said, wearing a bra actually helps. I wear the tshirt bras and the padding doesn't bother them at all.

OT: good place to look at different brands and info on how to fit yourself if you don't want someone helping u w/ the boobages. http://www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx?pagename=fit

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other. ~Eric Hoffer

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. ~e.e. cummings

IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version