Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Lip Piercing -- CBR's ok? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
piercedoff
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote piercedoff Replybullet Topic: Lip Piercing -- CBR's ok?
    Posted: June/07/2009 at 7:47am
hey gang

so i'm wanting to get a lip piercing tomorrow and i've read on various sites that CBRs are ok for initial pericings but everywhere i've gone too recommend i use the bar. I really hate the stud look, so was wondering if cbrs are ok for initial piercing?

if not could I get away with just under 3 weeks with a bar and then switch to a cbr? my skin heals really quickly

thanks
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 8:17am
Using a labret stud during the healing period is definately the best option. CBR moves a lot and tends to irritate the piercing more.
Many piercers use them as initial jewelry though, but i would go for it.

And you can't switch it after three weeks to a CBR, it's too early. After one or two weeks you have to downsize the labret stud and then i would wait 2 months before changing the jewelry.
IP IP Logged
wormbuffet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote wormbuffet Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 8:46am
When I got my snakebites I got CBR rings at first. I wanted the rings and my piercer told me it would be okay I just couldn't be moving them around a lot and touching them. He said that sometimes with bars while its healing if the skin swells alot the skin can heal over the flat back. i don't know if that happens often but it makes sense i suppose. but yeah, i had cbrs and everything was fiiiiiine :)
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 9:12am
Originally posted by wormbuffet

He said that sometimes with bars while its healing if the skin swells alot the skin can heal over the flat back.

That doesn't happen if the lenght of the inital bar is the right one in order to accomodate the swelling.
IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 10:55am
Everyone says that labret studs are better for initial healing.
But, when I got my lip pierced I got a cbr and it was completely fine.

She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
Amplexus
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote Amplexus Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 11:46am
I personally found the bar pretty uncomfortable at first, but I imagine a cbr would have been tonnes worse. Personally, I'd go for the bar because it's simpler, out of the way, moves less, less tempting to play with, ect ect.
Glimmi says: But yeah theres that old saying you can't judge a book by it's cover, cause it could have like 60 piercings in it's cock......Well that's not how the saying actually goes but you get my point.
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 12:04pm
Studs are definitely a better choice for initial piercings, but rings heal just fine most of the time.  You will likely experience a longer healing period than if you wore a stud, and you will have a higher risk of running into problems during healing.  Rings increase your risk of infection because they move around a lot and constantly drag all kinds of nasty crap into your piercing.  Hypertrophic scarring is more common with rings too.  If you are aware of these risks and are prepared to deal with them, go ahead and go with rings.
IP IP Logged
KittenLaTrix
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote KittenLaTrix Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 1:35pm
I had a labret to start with, then I went to Prague for a week, lost the ball from the labret and had to replace it with a CBR because that's all I with me.. it ws bloody awful! It moved around loads and got really sore from that, I didn't enjoy it at all. I've never worn a ring in it since! 
x.Kitten.x
IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 3:35pm
carrie nailed it. i had my labret pierced twice. the first time with a stud and the second time with a ring. both rejected but was due to me having weak gums. the stud did heal faster but i found it a lot more annoying. the longer bar was constantly hitting my gums. the skin can heal over a stud and that is normal. i noticed that the ring had a tendancy to dig into my lip more during the healing process
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: June/07/2009 at 3:51pm
Had it pierced with a ring, healed fine despite me not looking after it the best that i possibly could have. 
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version