<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Looks like the new BME is almost here! Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 8 Next >>
Adam
BMod Admin
BMod Admin

Total Mods: 71

Quote Adam Replybullet Topic: Looks like the new BME is almost here!
    Posted: June/11/2009 at 1:40pm

Click for Full Size
I've seen the new and sexy version of BME a few times, and I'm pretty anxious to play around with it. It's a total overhaul, and should fix the "look at me, I'm stuck in the 90's" design =)... i kid, i kid

Anyway, at APP in Vegas, Rachel demo'd the new site and showed off what we can expect. The AI on the backend sounds really impressive and I definitely think the design team is on top of their game.

I have no clue when this thing is hitting the web, but if she's showing it off in lectures in front of a bunch of people, I would imagine it's gotta be soon.

Am I scared / worried about any of this? Nope. I think it's awesome! I was getting kinda bored not having any design competition in the body mod world. Competition (friendly) always creates positive growth and a better end product / service for the user. I also get new challenges and ideas floating around in my head to play with.

It's going to be an interesting summer!

.: Adam
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 1:43pm
sounds like you need an inside man to poop (friendly like) in their corporate sink.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 2:05pm
Will they also restore IAM? I think BME needed a restyle, IAM is too 80ish in my opinion and some things are pretty hard to find for a random user.

But i think bodymod will still be the best, i love the design of this site :)
IP IP Logged
progi
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote progi Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 2:10pm
Go on with it Adam!! Smile
feel free to do what you want
IP IP Logged
Adam
BMod Admin
BMod Admin

Total Mods: 71

Quote Adam Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 2:31pm
IAM will be incorporated into the design. It's an all-inclusive design like BMod. I'm not sure how the separation works in regards to levels of membership though.

.: Adam
IP IP Logged
TattooBox
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 53

Quote TattooBox Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 5:12pm

Well they can put in the most impressive design on earth, the best features, free video games, nude dancers, virtual worlds with bitches sucking my dick... still it will be BME without shannon.

That is, you can put as much gold as you want in a bathroom, as long as you have no water in the shower it has no sense. I'm part of those who will boycott BME until the end of time (despite of the fact that I have a free lifetime IAM account over there).
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 5:33pm
^ agreed. but good luck to them, i suppose. i won't be stopping by.
IP IP Logged
mrDahmer
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote mrDahmer Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 5:42pm
Never got on with BME, I thought what they did to Shannon was disgraceful, won't bother with it now, despite them updating the site.
IP IP Logged
TattooBox
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 53

Quote TattooBox Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 8:19pm
Well I don't even say good luck to them. What was initially a fantastic initiative carried oud by passion has become a simple mercantile business. What you're doing, Adam, is as respectable as what Shannon was doing when he started BME, that is, you're fullfilling your dreams. You're just pure (well, when you're sober :o).

I don't give a shit about their design being 2000ish or superbly futuristic. BME was one of the very first websites on the web, available from 94, I knew it from 95 or 96, it's been part of the bodymod history, was kinda central pillar in our cultural movement, and therefore I was very happy with its nineties look that was just part of what it was from the very start.

I'm not religious, but still have some christian culture background like most of us here. BME is today exactly what Jesus was fighting in Jerusalem. Merchants in the temple. And I pee on them all for that.

Furthermore, for everything Shannon has done for all of us, I think that any person seriously involved in mods has to show a natural respect to him. Therefore I won't ever have any kind of respect to Rachell, and I won't ever have any kind of respect to any person working with her, whatever they do.

Simple as that.

Edited by TattooBox - June/11/2009 at 8:23pm
IP IP Logged
isellmisery
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote isellmisery Replybullet Posted: June/11/2009 at 8:32pm
i dont understand bme...

maybe itl be easier now
Two cups of tea
one for you and one for me.