<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: This or That and How and Where? YIKES Post Reply Post New Topic
Poll Question: Which Idea?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [9.09%]
10 [90.91%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

AirinJay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote AirinJay Replybullet Topic: This or That and How and Where? YIKES
    Posted: June/25/2009 at 5:14pm
My grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago, he was a great man who lead a great life and I want to get a memorial tattoo. I have one already for my great grandmother (his mother) and he loved it.

This is it:

What I'd really like to do is figure out a way to add a stem and have a smaller bud blooming off of it. But the rose is at such an angle that I can't decide if a stem would look awkward or not.

He really loved the tattoo I got for his mother so ideally I'd like to add on to it in his memory, so if you can think of another add on idea I'm open to any suggestions.

Also, if I do add on to it I'd like to leave open the possibility to add on yet again when my grandmother passes.

I know I should visit a shop and consult an artist but I've hit a lot of financial issues recently (again) I may not be able to afford it for a while, so I don't want to bother with all that until the time comes. I trust your opinions just as much.

Anyways, my back up plan is to get one of those funny trucker hats that old men wear, he never ever took his off :) I just don't know where I'd place it.. If you like this idea better, what's your placement opinion?
IP IP Logged
7upyours
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote 7upyours Replybullet Posted: June/25/2009 at 8:40pm
i like the trucker hat thing. it would resemble him and his personality a little bit more, and how you remember him. I was never up for memorial tattoos, but I love this one and I love the idea of the trucker hat. maybe give a vague description of your granddaddy (i.e.: stubby nose, high cheekbones, big smile with crooked teeth) but not exactly a portrait (in my opinion, portraits hardly ever turn out well, but a cartoonish like person is what I am thinking of) with a trucker hat on with his name on the hat or under it, the trucker hat maybe a replica of his favorite or the one he always wore, and maybe for placement I would put it (if I were a little bit more skinny like you) would be just left of that tattoo, and a little lower. like almost at hip line, next to your belly button, but not quite that far down. do you understand? haha. idk, your body though. but I think that would look really nice.

IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: June/25/2009 at 10:18pm
How about the trucker hat on your other side ribs?  That'd be cute I think.
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: June/25/2009 at 11:46pm
talk to the artist that will do your tattoo.  if he can't draw you something to look good where you want it find another artist.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
marcAB10
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote marcAB10 Replybullet Posted: June/28/2009 at 2:15pm
i love the trucker hat idea, i rekon a simple trucker hat on it's own with you grandpa's name over the front of the hat, i agree with getting on the other side of your ribs, imo it just would have a little bit more personality too it and it would make a great tattoo.
IP IP Logged
Yika
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 61

Quote Yika Replybullet Posted: June/28/2009 at 2:23pm
i think the trucker hat idea is great. but i do agree put some of your own personality in it and it would be even better.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: June/28/2009 at 2:37pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tScm-eZInBE

i think of that every time i see this thread name...
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
velvetslippers
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote velvetslippers Replybullet Posted: June/28/2009 at 6:25pm
i love the rose you already have and think it would look beautiful with a stem&rose/s added to make it a larger family memorial piece.
IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: June/29/2009 at 4:49pm
i do think the trucker hat thing would be neat. adding onto an existing piece isn't a bad idea but why not give him his own design?
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version