<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: In the Chicago area? Like documentaries? Post Reply Post New Topic
kvtheinfamous
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 21

Quote kvtheinfamous Replybullet Topic: In the Chicago area? Like documentaries?
    Posted: July/04/2009 at 1:09am
Sorry to spam on here-

But pretty much, I'm a documentary film student at Columbia College Chicago, and for my upcoming fall semester I have to film a short documentary about the subject of my choice. From personal experience and knowledge of the community, I hope to base it on the normalization of body modification in American society over the past 10 years. I'd like to focus mostly on a Chicago, due to the obvious convenience of location, but also because we regularly have body modification expos at Navy Pier, an incredibly family friendly establishment.
Also, I plan on contrasting this to the more conservative suburb areas. Mostly the south/southwest suburbs.

I'm looking for anyone that's tattooed, pierced, scarred, etc. I have to require that all participants be at LEAST 18 years old, due to the nature of release forms and shooting restrictions.

So if you're in the Chicago area, I'd love to hear from you, mainly about the nature of your modification and the story behind them, and how the long-term effect of reaction has been.
I'm looking for individuals that have just gotten modified, to those that have them for years to gauge social reaction from their peers, community, etc.

Hit me up on here and I will provide more details and the like via email. So please provide that along with the questions above. Thanks guys!
Stuff and things.
IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: July/04/2009 at 11:26am
I'm in Minneapolis.  That's kinda close? lol
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
MrGlass
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote MrGlass Replybullet Posted: July/07/2009 at 3:04pm
Well my girlfriend AirinJay and I both live a very close distance to Chicago. We're in Downers Grove and we spend a lot of time out in the city. I didn't really like the convention at the pier, although I did pick up a nice set of weights there from Evolve for cheap. Around wrigleyville and clark street you'll find a ton of modified people. Just walk into The Alley lol.If you need our services, we are available.

Carmaglove@yahoo.com

-Ian

Edited by MrGlass - July/07/2009 at 3:05pm
[QUOTE=ichfielunten] ...Just be yourself and hope some one notices that you're awesome...[/QUOTE]
IP IP Logged
AirinJay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote AirinJay Replybullet Posted: July/07/2009 at 3:17pm
Like my lovely boyfriend above has already told you, we live close to Chicago and spend a lot of time there. We would be more than happy to help you out if you'd like.

I'm 19 years old, I got my first piercing when I was 14 (other than my lobes) and my first tattoo when I was 15. I have 6 tattoos, my lobes are stretched to 00g (were once at 1/2 inch) my conchs punched at a 12g with possible plans to stretch, my lip, and two septum piercings. One at 16g the other at 14g. I'm also thinking about stretching the 14g one, not sure what to though, not too big.. lol.

My family was pretty split down the middle opinion wise, I was supported by one half and ridiculed by the other, that's a longer story though so hit me up on email if you're interested. My job, also, is not tolerant of my mods.

jrvserin@yahoo.com :)

-Erin.
IP IP Logged
dreadyroots
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote dreadyroots Replybullet Posted: July/09/2009 at 2:54am
Yeah what MrGlass said was pretty much all I heard bout the peir convention. But dont forget bout the Tattoo Convention in Nov. Im dwn in Wilmington. Bout 80 mins south of LSD. My buddy just finish film classes at Columbia. Id be dwn to help out.

I startd when I was like 15/16. Had 3 piercings in each ear. With a gun. First tatt was at a keg party in sum cornfields. Not the best start I no.
The only visable thing you can see now is my lobes and empty holes in my cartiledge. And my dreadz. I like cuttings, hooks and piercings over tatts. Id b dwn to help out if needed....

j95p@msn.com
We're all fucked now!!
IP IP Logged
kvtheinfamous
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 21

Quote kvtheinfamous Replybullet Posted: July/22/2009 at 9:48pm
I'm really interested in all of your stories- if you guys could do me a favor and email your contact info, whatever you're comfortable with, obviously :), to mailto:kelly.vandyke@loop.colum.edu with just a quick bio, I'd totally appreciate it. I've lived in Chicago for around 2 years (grew up in da 'burbs) and from experience know that it's better to find people with mods via a site like this, rather than just approach someone on the street- plus I know everyone that works at the Alley, they're assholes and I don't really feel like dealing with them.

Thanks again!

Stuff and things.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version