General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: how long has it been? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 5 Next >>
childofthewild
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote childofthewild Replybullet Topic: how long has it been?
    Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:25pm
Since you talked to your family or your parents. I got in a fight with mine and we havent talked for over two weeks. Its interesting to know how relationships are for people on here between themselves and their family.

My family straight out stopped talking to me because of my interest in body modification. Whats worse is my boyfriend is also interested. They've cut me out of their life completely, which I have to admit, has been extremely hard for me.

I'll admit i've had quite a bit to drink, but I don't care either way. I just want to know people's own experience with their families and body modification.
clubbed drugged and left on a bench

IP IP Logged
Goat_Feet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Goat_Feet Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:30pm
My parents don't like that I do it but they realize that I'm old enough that they can't do anything about it. Since you're living in my house now thats a good thing for you. It majorly sucks that your parents are so anal about it but you have to remember that you're your own person and you have to do what makes you happy. I'm sure other people on here can share your difficulties with families accepting mods. Just do what makes you happy and you'll be fine :D
IP IP Logged
rhomes_angel
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote rhomes_angel Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:31pm
I keep my distance from my family.  They are very conservative and judgmental.  For the longest time they were upset about my interest in body modification.  They've gotten over that and  now they are ugly towards me b/c my boyfriend is in prison.  I'm pretty sure I'll be disowned eventually, or vice versa.
IP IP Logged
Eccentric Soul
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Eccentric Soul Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:38pm
17 days... I talked to my mother on 29th to know about my Bro.s results.
I talked to my dad in February, I guess. He called me on 19th, to gimme birthday wish. (My birthday is on 17th).

IP IP Logged
Herzeleid14
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote Herzeleid14 Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:42pm
my moms ok with it. and every time my dad sees me he tells me that they all look horrible, but whatever. and my grandpa has completely refused to talk to me since my first ear piercing ( because its an "abomination against god") but besids that noone else in my family really cares or is interested
IP IP Logged
Roy_Killjoy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote Roy_Killjoy Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:55pm

I haven't talked to my mother in almost a year. one day she decided that since no one was living with her anymore it was time for her to spend her days in Africa. My father, we see each other everyday but as far as having a real conversation it doesn't happen often. Bod mods, I use to hide from them but one night I came home from hanging out with my friends with all my piercings hanging down and just didn't feel like hiding from them anymore. It was kind of like coming out all over again haha.

I'd say for me my friends are more like my family then my bio-fam. And as for them, some of them love it and some of them hate it. I'm going to visit my best friend in a couple of months and I'm sure he's goin to hate my face. He's always talking about how I'll never get a job and how it doesn't make sense to him. I think our lives are begining to be driven by different things mine by self happiness and his by self worth. Listen to me ramble...

Interesting how mostly ladies have replied to this haha
RKjoy
"My name is Mirkat and I think your mods are beautiful."
IP IP Logged
QOTSA90
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote QOTSA90 Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 10:57pm
Lets not let this thread change to what your parents think about your mods, that wasnt the original question asked :)

I havent talked to my Mam in about 2 weeks either because I let rip at her a while back, she kept pushing me and I kinda just flipped.. Iv raised my voice to her before but this was straight up howling. My Dad heard and then he got involved, thats when I decided to let them win, because as an un-employed, un-qualified 18 yr old.. I really have no choice but to live under their rule.

But since that incident 2ish weeks ago, I havent been called down for meals with the family, and my Mam keeps communication to a minimal. Eg: a friend called to the house for me today, she called me down the stairs, thats the first time shes adressed me personally this week.

edit: oh a lil thing to add, Iv never once in my life had a conversation with my Dad that lasted more than 3 minutes. He has had no effect on me what so ever as a father and I might as well have never had one.. I know for a fact that he is completely lost whatever amount of hope he had in me. Im not even a bad kid!

Whatever, I intend to let make my feelings known sometime soon, maybe when I know Im about to leave. Because I know once Iv said what needs to be said, theyll never be able to look me in the eyes.

If I ever thought any child of my own harboured the kind of resentment I hold towards either of my parents.. Id feel very let down in myself, and thats exactly what I aim to instill in my parents.

Edited by QOTSA90 - July/15/2009 at 11:01pm
Would anyone mind if I used the Bodymod Skully next time?
IP IP Logged
childofthewild
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote childofthewild Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 11:10pm

My father and I are the same way. I never spent any real time with him and he didnt care otherwise. His job as a father to him meant to support the family financially and nothing more. He never spent time with me or talked to me.

When I left my family it was a complete shock which they hate for me now. They refuse to see all of the modded people around them and I tell them they live a sheltered life but they dont want to deal with that. I've made my feelings clear, and I thought they accepted it, but over time I realize that they never did, and they never will
clubbed drugged and left on a bench

IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 11:27pm
i talk to both of my parents very regularly.

my dad used to be very interested in performance art and even sends me people to look up and is looking for all of his books about it to give to me.
i think this has to some extent improved our relationship. i can't tell if he relates it at all to my desire to be a part of that or if he just thinks i'm interested in it like he was. i think if i said "hey dad, this is what i really, really want to do" things might change a bit, though i can't help but think he must wonder about it..

my mom's one of my best friends, so we talk all the time.
IP IP Logged
ambermaee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote ambermaee Replybullet Posted: July/15/2009 at 11:44pm
i talk to my mom everyday and my dad i usually talk to a couple times a week. though, i just moved out and i'm still very much in the early stages of being on my own and they're still helping me out.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version