BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: A microdermal for me Post Reply Post New Topic
mami to two
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote mami to two Replybullet Topic: A microdermal for me
    Posted: July/24/2009 at 3:50pm
Im looking into getting a couple microdermals within the next week. Now i know i should of asked the piercer these questions when i was there but we were there for my sister inlaws nose.. didnt wanna steal her thunder.. lol.. Plus everything iv been googling and looking on here for Micros on the hand have been the thumb web and on the finger.. but i couldnt find any on the acutal hand.. now the piercer did say i could get it on my hand.. he made me lay my hand out flat and inspected it.. whatever he did.. said it was good for one.. now here is a picture of where i want one of mine done.

That big star right in the middle...... what kind of complications could i have?
im looking into getting my others done on my clavical.. (;
 thanks for the help guys
IP IP Logged
xoerinxo
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote xoerinxo Replybullet Posted: July/24/2009 at 4:54pm
I dont have any (but am getting them soon on my collar bones as well)
i do know they can reject fairly easily, and since its on your hand, which goes through alot of movement and gets bumped alot, the risk of rejection probably increases?

and if it did reject/get removed there'd be a small scar in the middle of your tattoo.
IP IP Logged
jess.
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 21

Quote jess. Replybullet Posted: July/24/2009 at 6:02pm
i've got micros under my eye and i've had a few problems with knocking them and such through simple daily stuff.
it would look really good where you want it placed, i think you'd just catch it alot on clothes and other things, as when they are fully healed the gem (or whatever you have screwed on the top) isn't flat on the skin, there's a small thread coming from the plate under the skin around 3-4mm in length.
i think the same applies to micros anywhere really, i've seen numerous people in the studio getting them removed from forearms, wrists, hands, due to problems with healing (mainly caused through constant knocking and irritation from clothes)

if you get them done - i hope you have no problems with them!! :-D
IP IP Logged
stellaturcia
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote stellaturcia Replybullet Posted: July/24/2009 at 7:27pm
From what I understand, and what has been said on this site a LOT, microdermals are pretty much guaranteed to reject. It's just a matter of time.
I have one in my chest, and I've had only a few problems with it, but I do catch it on things and bump it and whatnot. I would think with a hand, it would be a lot worse than most anywhere else, just because hands are used constantly.
I like the way my skin feels when I'm wearing my rainbow jacket.
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: July/25/2009 at 5:30pm
Your hand would be a baaaaaad idea, for the reasons already started here. I have one near my eye and if I occasionally catch it, it gets very angry and crusts and hurts. I'd imagine there's also a higher risk of infection during the healing period due to the amount of crap that comes into contact with your hand.

On your hand, they'd also risk getting ripped out. I'd question the knowledge of the piercer who advised you about them.

Edited by LucieMay - July/25/2009 at 5:32pm
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version