<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: bad advice/misguidance you have received? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 5 Next >>
andriux
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote andriux Replybullet Topic: bad advice/misguidance you have received?
    Posted: July/29/2009 at 5:43pm
I was saying in another post that it's unbelievable the amount of bad advice one can get about piercing care and stuff.

for example when i got my first, a friend of mine that had had a lot of piercings before (so i considered good source of advice) told me it was very important to constantly twist the stud so it wouldn't get stucked, even if it hurts, she said.

another time, an actual piercer in a shop that looked very decent told me to wash my new piercing with a very strong, and cheap clothes soap so it'd dry up and heal quicker

that's two that i can think about now, but i know i have received a looot of "advice" that even to me, not an expert and with not very much experience seems weird, to say the least...

Esta lugubre mani­a de vivir, esta recondita humorada de vivir, te arrastra A no lo niegues....

IP IP Logged
heinous
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote heinous Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 5:48pm
Not really bad advice but a bad choice... I first had my nose pierced with an ear piercing gun, bad times.
IP IP Logged
Herzeleid14
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote Herzeleid14 Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 6:12pm
i was told that a 12g to 4g stretch was okay.
IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 6:15pm
here's one for you. less than a year ago my piercer did a navel on a girl and she didn't listen to a word he said about aftercare. she asked her friend what to used and her friend told her to use preparation h. the girl then went to her parents medicine cabinet and grabbed a used tube of preparation h and put it on her navel. she had one of the worse case of staph infections ever. she now has a scar from her navel to the bottom of her sternum. the surgeon didn't do her any favors either. he overlapped the skin and did figure 8 stitches
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
xDANGERxRANGERx
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote xDANGERxRANGERx Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by ihaveonlyme

here's one for you. less than a year ago my piercer did a navel on a girl and she didn't listen to a word he said about aftercare. she asked her friend what to used and her friend told her to use preparation h. the girl then went to her parents medicine cabinet and grabbed a used tube of preparation h and put it on her navel. she had one of the worse case of staph infections ever. she now has a scar from her navel to the bottom of her sternum. the surgeon didn't do her any favors either. he overlapped the skin and did figure 8 stitches

I bet she Bang%20Head every time she sees the scar and thinks of the cute navel piercing that could have been.
By the power of grayskull.
IP IP Logged
Boogieforme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Boogieforme Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 6:42pm
hmmm my old piercer told me to put betadine on my navel, I was still a noob at the time, but it healed fine. Not such terrible stories as he previous ones O_o.
IP IP Logged
kitanatalia
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 31

Quote kitanatalia Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 6:48pm
they guy who did my corset piercing convinced me i could keep the rings and they wouldn't reject...so i tried to heal a corset across my chest....

the first time i got my nips done they actually gave me a bottle of betadine...

when i got my tongue done they gave me blue mouthwash to clean it with.

IP IP Logged
xSMASHley
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote xSMASHley Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 6:52pm
A piercer who was taking the place of my regular one while she was out of town, told me doing sss was stupid / not strong enough. She told me to use something stronger, I wasn't listening to what though because I knew it was a load of crap. Thats about it though .. 
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 11:25pm
lol @ betadine as an aftercare regiment.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
AltheaRose
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 47

Quote AltheaRose Replybullet Posted: July/29/2009 at 11:55pm
Are you kidding me ? I have heard horrendous amounts of bad aftercare !

Twisting jewelry
trying to pop hypotrophic scars
rubbing alcohol
prep h
hydrogen peroxide
bactine
betadine
constant mouthwash cleanings
neosporin
dish soap
launrdy soap bars
removing jewelry to clean
ok to switch jewelry & retainers regularly (before healed)
etc etc etc

Amazing what you hear when you live in the ghetto.

Thankfully I'm not a complete fucktard and know that doing absolutely nothing to piercings is better than using any of that advice.

Also, when I worked at Family Dollar in the ghetto across the street from the projects I prevented a lot of stupidity because people would try to buy said above products for fresh piercings. They'd ask me for advice because I was clearly modified with "cute" healed piercings.

Then I scoped out a few of the area piercing / tattoo places
and all but one recommended horrible after care.

Also a lot of bad aftercare for tattoos !

Props to Mom & Pops Tattoos & Piercings
Fall River, MA being the only shop that knows what they're doing in the Dirty Riv !!!

IP IP Logged
Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version