Message Icon Topic: Good free (legally) albums Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Veilside
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote Veilside Replybullet Topic: Good free (legally) albums
    Posted: August/05/2009 at 7:01am
If anyone's got links to good free albums that're legal downloads, post 'em up here. Here're a couple to start things up.

Carbon 12 - Very Harsh Frequencies The album that got me into industrial music, 10 years ago. Loved it ever since I first heard it. Downloading the entire thing on a 28kbps modem wasn't good.

Ad-ver-sary - Bone Music and Remix Album Another great industrial album, this one was released last year, if you're a fan of Terrorfakt, you'll find things to like about this.
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."

IP IP Logged
Pinkie
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 42

Quote Pinkie Replybullet Posted: August/05/2009 at 2:24pm
Harvey Danger released their latest album Little By Little for free here:
http://www.harveydanger.com/downloads/
It's not their best album in my opinion, but it's freeeeeee!  Most of you probably already know this band...or know them without knowing you know them.  If you were in the US in the 90s, chances are you heard the song Flagpole Sitta about a million times.  But in case you don't know them, they're kinda indie alt rock.  Just good stuff.  One of my favorite bands...too bad they broke up.

Bomb the Music Industry! has all their music to download for free.  There are links on their myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/bombthemusicindustry
They're classified as punk rock and sometimes skapunk, but I honestly don't think the majority of their songs are very ska-ish.  They're just a really fun band and a lot of their songs are relatable.
Another one of my absolute favorite bands

Edited by Pinkie - August/05/2009 at 2:29pm
I can be the jump start for the car parked in your miiiiiiiind
'Cause you left the lights on all night long
IP IP Logged
childofthewild
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote childofthewild Replybullet Posted: August/05/2009 at 3:07pm

Eh, I just use utorrent and get my music really quick.

clubbed drugged and left on a bench

IP IP Logged
that1chick
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote that1chick Replybullet Posted: August/05/2009 at 3:23pm
Okay, so, you can't get a full album, but you can get a lot of live stuff and demos from Margot and the Nuclear So and So's here. They are kind of Indie/Acoustic Rock, and basically my favorite band ever.

Gentleman Caller has basically their entire discography here. They are also Indie/Acoustic Rock... I guess..? My itunes doesn't know what to call them. lol.
IP IP Logged
Veilside
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Veilside Replybullet Posted: August/06/2009 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by childofthewild

Eh, I just use utorrent and get my music really quick.

Guess you didn't see the (legally) part. :\

Anyway, couple more, most people who're into NIN should know about these.
NIN - Ghosts
NIN - The Slip
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."

IP IP Logged
BignBeardy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote BignBeardy Replybullet Posted: August/07/2009 at 2:22pm

Here's a cool band called Cloudkicker I came across while looking for some not-so-legal downloads. It's all instrumental kinda proggy/industrial/metal/post-metal & all recorded by one guy called Ben Sharp. So far he's got 1 album & 2 ep's. I find it's brilliant music to read to! He gives all of it away for free cos he reckons it doesn't really cost him to record it. Here's what he had to say for himself recently;

“It costs me absolutely nothing to create the music. Zero dollars. I record all the guitars and bass straight into my laptop and program the drums using this one sequencing program, then I mix and master everything myself. The only thing that costs money are guitar strings, but I have a full-time job so it’s no big deal.”
– Ben Sharp

or

Enjoy \m/
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!
IP IP Logged
that1chick
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote that1chick Replybullet Posted: August/07/2009 at 2:46pm
Brad Sucks

He calls himself "A one man band with no fans"... But I'm a fan. His music is sort of... electronic? It's got really repetitive, but catchy beats. But he's also pretty eclectic? I don't know to describe this guy.

I'd suggest listening to "Making Me Nervous" by him. :-D

EDIT: Just to clarify, the website gives a price for the CD, then lists all the songs, and underneath the song list there is a link that says "Download." That is where you can download them for free.

Edited by that1chick - August/07/2009 at 2:59pm
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: August/07/2009 at 3:12pm
Well, it's not really "legal", but you haven't got to go through torrents and the like:

copy

-inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size +(wma|mp3) "artist or song name"

into Google search

where it says "artist or song name"

type in the artist or song you want to find. keep the quotes. it should look like this now:

-inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size +(wma|mp3) "blaze of glory"

click on the search result

click on one of the files to listen to it to make sure you want that song. it's best to do this with pop up blocker on, as you get a lot of pop ups. also, make sure your AV is working, because sometimes the links have a trojan. Avast! will terminate the connection if it finds something, so I recommend that AV.

if it's the one you want, go back, right click on the song link, and select "save link as". save and download it to your computer.

yay!
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: August/07/2009 at 3:13pm
^ That's what I use if I want just a couple songs at a time. My school's network uses packet filtering, so LimeWire and BitTorrent are blocked, and this goes through as just downloading a file. 
IP IP Logged
Veilside
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Veilside Replybullet Posted: August/10/2009 at 5:20am
Originally posted by BignBeardy

Here's a cool band called Cloudkicker I came across while looking for some not-so-legal downloads. It's all instrumental kinda proggy/industrial/metal/post-metal & all recorded by one guy called Ben Sharp. So far he's got 1 album & 2 ep's. I find it's brilliant music to read to! He gives all of it away for free cos he reckons it doesn't really cost him to record it. Here's what he had to say for himself recently;

“It costs me absolutely nothing to create the music. Zero dollars. I record all the guitars and bass straight into my laptop and program the drums using this one sequencing program, then I mix and master everything myself. The only thing that costs money are guitar strings, but I have a full-time job so it’s no big deal.”– Ben Sharp

or

Enjoy \m/

That was pretty awesome, I'll be downloading that bit later on today when I've got time to properly listen to it.

Originally posted by CheapPerfume

^ That's what I use if I want just a couple songs at a time. My school's network uses packet filtering, so LimeWire and BitTorrent are blocked, and this goes through as just downloading a file. 

The point of this thread is to link to legal downloads, not for questionable stuff. ;)

Anyway, some more stuff.
16 Volt - Offering their entire, 7 album back catalogue for free, again, if you like industrial, you'll like this.
DTrash records You'll need to click through to the main site, click the catalogue tab, and then MP3's. You'll then have access to a good 50+ free MP3 releases. They're primarily a digital hardcore/breakcore/noise/industrial label, but you'll find albums from Stuntrock, Hansel, The Shizit, etc.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version