<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Piercers: Ever had a client make a gender request? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 7 Next >>
TheMightyGoat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote TheMightyGoat Replybullet Topic: Piercers: Ever had a client make a gender request?
    Posted: August/29/2009 at 6:55pm
Have you ever had a customer who's in the market for a genital piercing ask if he can choose the gender of his piercer? How did you react? Maybe some studios wouldn't have the diversity in staff to accommodate the request anyway, but I'm wondering if there is any precedent for this sort of thing.

As I've mentioned in a couple threads I've been thinking about getting my glans pierced, and uh, not intending to be perverted, but I'd prefer to have it done by a female if I could choose. Am I going to creep someone out asking a question like that?
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 7:58pm
i think you should be more worried about the competency of the piercer, not whether or not they have a dick.  but you've already proven yourself to make less than intelligent decisions, so have at it.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 8:00pm
I completely understand you. I REFUSE to allow a female to pierce me
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 8:00pm
Rick, are you calling me stupid too?
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 8:03pm
There are a small number of people I see occasionally that come to me only because I am female. People have also called the shop looking for a female piercer. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. But I do think that finding a competent is more important.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
flutegoddess
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote flutegoddess Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 8:11pm
I think its fair to ask for a specific gender, I'm sure male piercers see a thousand boobs a day, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am whipping the girls out in front of some guy to get them pierced.
IP IP Logged
TheMightyGoat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote TheMightyGoat Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by kcir

i think you should be more worried about the competency of the piercer, not whether or not they have a dick.  but you've already proven yourself to make less than intelligent decisions, so have at it.

Showing your maturity again, I see.

Selecting a competent piercer is a given. Gender is a secondary consideration.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 8:40pm
well, i happen to work now and have in the past worked with women who were sub-par artists.  they were kept because they were female, not because they were skilled or even knew what the hell they were doing.  most people that come in asking for female artists have no clue who they are, have never seen their work, and sit there the entire time trying to pick them up.  i don't see how gender makes a difference, but if you're just wanting a booby show it's a lot cheaper to go to a titty bar.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
kweidog
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 34

Quote kweidog Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 9:22pm
I can understand a female wanting a female piercer or a male wanting wanting a male piercer, for comfort reasons as alot of folks won't be secure in exposing themselves to the opposite sex during such an intimate and sometimes awkward procedure.
But when someone specifically wants someone of the opposite sex to do such a procedure you often have to wonder why and 9 times out of ten it's for sexual reasons. That is unacceptable.

In response to your first question. Yes at our shop we often have people requesting a specific gender, often women prefering a female which we have no problem accommodating but when a man requests a female their SOL. Not just because we think they're pervs but because our female piercer won't do genital work on males.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
~Robert A. Heinlein
IP IP Logged
TheMightyGoat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote TheMightyGoat Replybullet Posted: August/29/2009 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by kweidog

Not just because we think they're pervs but because our female piercer won't do genital work on males.

Because she doesn't want to? Or is that a rule set up to deter the perverts?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version