<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: Do you believe in love at first sight? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 6 Next >>
Poll Question: Do you believe in love at first sight?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [39.58%]
29 [60.42%]
You can not vote in this poll

happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 39

Quote happydepression Replybullet Topic: Do you believe in love at first sight?
    Posted: October/12/2009 at 2:01am

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Yes or No.

Any reasons why??

Stories?

Experiances?

[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Quote happydepression Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 2:28am
I always trust my gut when it comes to certain situations.
And this time I am also listening to my heart.

And I do believe...
that I believe in love at first sight...

[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 2:33am
NO... no and no again...

humans are broken and twisted.... fundamentally flawed....

our eyes only see that which we want to see... so, if you're looking for love, you'll find it... or, more appropriately, the closest facsimile of it... otherwise known as thinly, or cleverly, disguised lustful emotion....
humankind has become exceedingly well adept to fabricating the emotions and feelings that we are seeking at the time... it's become ingrained in our most base of survival instincts... to reproduce and keep the species going...

though, that brings up the inevitably pressing conversation of how that statement can be true... when, quite obviously, there exists the, singularly exclusive to the human race, genetic phenomena of homosexual pairings.... 

so, does it ,instead of the former, feed another lesser instinct of humans.... to bring, and be brought, into the fold... our need for something tangible to hold fast to....   i think so... no one truly wants to be alone in this world... no matter how much they may say it...

so no, i do not believe in love at first sight...

i believe that at first site, some of us can somehow look past logic and reason and become emotionally attached to someone...  sometimes, that attachment is returned, sometimes it isn't... sometimes the attachment becomes more and the two become a pairing... sometimes it doesn't happen that way....

personally, i can't fathom how someone can do that... it completely confuses me....
IP IP Logged
happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Quote happydepression Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 2:40am
Originally posted by freakychild

NO... no and no again...

humans are broken and twisted.... fundamentally flawed....

our eyes only see that which we want to see... so, if you're looking for love, you'll find it... or, more appropriately, the closest facsimile of it... otherwise known as thinly, or cleverly, disguised lustful emotion....
humankind has become exceedingly well adept to fabricating the emotions and feelings that we are seeking at the time... it's become ingrained in our most base of survival instincts... to reproduce and keep the species going...

though, that brings up the inevitably pressing conversation of how that statement can be true... when, quite obviously, there exists the, singularly exclusive to the human race, genetic phenomena of homosexual pairings.... 

so, does it ,instead of the former, feed another lesser instinct of humans.... to bring, and be brought, into the fold... our need for something tangible to hold fast to....   i think so... no one truly wants to be alone in this world... no matter how much they may say it...

so no, i do not believe in love at first sight...

i believe that at first site, some of us can somehow look past logic and reason and become emotionally attached to someone...  sometimes, that attachment is returned, sometimes it isn't... sometimes the attachment becomes more and the two become a pairing... sometimes it doesn't happen that way....

personally, i can't fathom how someone can do that... it completely confuses me....

I was not looking for love when I saw this person.
In fact (if anyone reads my blogs) I had just sworn off boys and was really enjoying being single and then *pow*.
It hit me.
I guess I am just a positive person when it comes to life.
But I didn't want to find love or anything of that nature.
You would make an amazing Philosopher though Freakychild!!
[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
Kittykate
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Kittykate Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 2:45am
Nope, but I do believe you can judge whether or not a person has POTENTIAL for love at first sight.

If you are into a person, and it turns out you stay together and fall in love, well, wouldn't you revise your meeting to be love at first sight?

Whereas if things never work out, you will remember it as lust or infatuation or just a good beginning.

*shrug*
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 2:47am
Originally posted by happydepression

I was not looking for love when I saw this person.
In fact (if anyone reads my blogs) I had just sworn off boys and was really enjoying being single and then *pow*.
It hit me.
I guess I am just a positive person when it comes to life.
But I didn't want to find love or anything of that nature.
You would make an amazing Philosopher though Freakychild!!

i think, contemplate, and study far too much for my own good, some would say.....

but, it's worked so far for me...

do what brings joy in your life...
follow the roads that you wish to take and wring the remnants for all they're worth....
it's quite a journey to undertake to make it work when basic human nature is railing against it...

i wish you luck, i truly do... but for me, i cannot bring myself to believe in such a thing...

Edited by freakychild - October/12/2009 at 2:48am
IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 3:18am
i believe in attraction at first sight. we are attracted to things we find pretty.

only after careful/ psychotic berating of the persons past present and future  and some time together can you hope to have love.

happily ever after can go suck my dick.
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
INKLIZRD
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote INKLIZRD Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 3:33am
beauty is in the eyez of the beholder ... love is in the heart ... what a way to think !!!  ...  i would love to hold your eyez and heart ripped from your cold dead body in my fistz while i stomped on what waz left of your brain ...

Edited by INKLIZRD - October/12/2009 at 3:35am
IP IP Logged
xevious
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 119

Quote xevious Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 4:19am
lol, I met someone 9 years ago, and fell in love with him. Also, I was pregnant and still with the father at the time, the guy was a friend of his. I'm married to that guy now lol.

Edit: to clarify, I stayed with the retarded father for 4 years after that, moved to florida, moved to washington, moved back to texas, and somehow ended up hanging out with my (now) husband, and marrying him. So yes, I do believe in love at first sight, and that some people are meant to be together. I also believe that there is more than one person for everyone that they could be perfectly content with for the rest of their lives. Conficting, kinda, but eh.

Edited by xevious - October/12/2009 at 4:23am
I have titties.
IP IP Logged
SPOOKSHOW
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SPOOKSHOW Replybullet Posted: October/12/2009 at 4:24am
Life is fucking unpredictable and I believe it could happen because you never know when love might find you.

Maybe rare and probably a unique feeling that a few of the lucky ones get to experiences.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version