<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Q&A for BMod Professionals
 BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: please help me with my nose piercing! Post Reply Post New Topic
503HxC
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote 503HxC Replybullet Topic: please help me with my nose piercing!
    Posted: November/07/2009 at 4:56pm
I got my nose professionally pierced and had been cleaning it for about 3 weeks with a mixture of sea salt and water like they told me to do.

It was healing fine until i got sick and started blowing my nose a bunch, thus bumping the ring a lot. A small bump started growing (hypertrophic scarring?) and i didnt panic because i read that if you take care of them right that they'll go away.

I read that holding a hot chamomile tea bag on the bump would help it to heal, so i did that as well as continue using the sea salt and water.

Now the bump is really infected and red and a lot of pus comes out of it. it's really unattractive and I think the bump is getting bigger rather than smaller.

WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?! this piercing is really starting to piss me off it's so much trouble and its gross. if i have to take it out i wont be heartbroken, but i read that it's bad to take the ring out while it's infected?

help?

here's a picture if that helps:

IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: November/08/2009 at 11:53am
Keep up the sea salt soaks.  Make sure your measurements are correct, 1/8 teaspoon of salt to 4 ounces of water (or 1/4 tsp to 8 oz).  Too much salt will cause a lot of irritation which can mimic the signs of infection.  Stop the chamomile tea bag compresses for now and see how it responds.  Make sure you are not touching your piercing, ever.  Do not turn the ring at all.  You may have a boil rather than hypertrophic scarring, and if that's the case, it's normal for it to get rather large before it starts to clear up.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version