<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Hardcore Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Event: Suspension - Event Date: November/29/2009 Post Reply Post New Topic
Antisocial_Aimz
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 21

Quote Antisocial_Aimz Replybullet Calendar Event: Suspension
    Posted: November/20/2009 at 10:39am
Hey!
I am doing my first suspension in just over a week and now its gettin close the the nerves are setting in Eye-Popping lol don't get me wrong i seriously can't wait but I know this is gunna hurt would love to hear some stories from people other than my friends who have had the experiance to help me get myself totally prepared!
So anyone with any stories, advice or even questions for me gimme a shout thanx Big%20Grin
Aimz
IP IP Logged
scarecrow420
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 53

Quote scarecrow420 Replybullet Posted: November/20/2009 at 1:24pm
the advise my friend gave me is it's giong to hurt but once your up in the air the pain just goes away :)  Yeah my first suspensin I was nervous excited, anything  and everything... but then again I dropped in, which made me freak out even more but once I did i had such a blast.  just stay calm, I think the reason why some peoples suspensinos doing go very well is because once they are off the ground they panic, relax your mind and just go with the flow.  I'm sure you will do amazing!
IP IP Logged
CheeseStix
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 71

Quote CheeseStix Replybullet Posted: November/20/2009 at 2:02pm
My best advice... don't draw it out.
Like miss scarecrow there said, once you're in the air, the pain just goes away.

Some people go up an inch at a time.. This is really just gonna hurt you more in the long run. Personally, I like to put a bit of pressure on the hooks to get an idea of what's coming, then I go right up, all the way. It packs all the discomfort into a few short moments. Once you're in the air, the pain won't go away immediately, it takes a minute or so. Just relax, let your body adjust, and try think of something else. If you can make it into the air, you've defied gravity. If you can make it past that first minute, then you've flown.
IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: November/20/2009 at 6:36pm
It really depends on what kind of suspension you're doing and how your body reacts.

For me 2 point suicides, knees, and supermans are really easy. Very little pain at all.

But, the more "theatrical" suspensions such as Angels, Resurrections, etc just burn and are generally for me very uncomfortable.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
fragaholic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 81

Quote fragaholic Replybullet Posted: November/20/2009 at 7:06pm
drink much. (water)
don't get scared. try to get your mind over the pain you're going through, think about how beautiful it is, and keep it positive. then you should be good to go.
good luck and enjoy your suspension!
IP IP Logged
Jenneee
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote Jenneee Replybullet Posted: November/22/2009 at 3:57pm

I agree with what everyone else has said, get over that first minute up. Once you're in the air, have someone stand by maybe to hold onto them. It's just a really big mind fuck that you're floating there haha! Once you get past that, and the tension your muscles and skin are feeling, it's groovy. So much fun. Go into it with the mind set that you can do it.

IP IP Logged
Antisocial_Aimz
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Antisocial_Aimz Replybullet Posted: November/22/2009 at 4:53pm
cheers guys :) i will try to keep all that in mind im determinded to get up as ive wanted to this for soooo long plus i totally trust the team im working with so i really can't wait wait i think we are going with a 4 point suicide as this seems to be a good first time one :D will defo post the pics on here after and let you know how it goes :) x
IP IP Logged
Antisocial_Aimz
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Antisocial_Aimz Replybullet Posted: November/29/2009 at 3:58pm
well i did it! managed to get up 3 times but only about 30 seconds each my mind just couldnt let go lol but already planning my next one in about a months time and i am defiantly gunna stay up longer! maybe trying slightly diffrent positioning as i found it was pullin my shoulderblades a bit will post some pictures when my mates send them over hehe and once again cheers for all the advice it really helped! :p x
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version