Message Icon Topic: still thinking Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Topic: still thinking
    Posted: December/14/2009 at 4:30pm
long time no see! I doubt if anyone even remembers me here.
ok so I am STILL thinking about a verticle hood piercing and would like some opinions to help me come to my final decision.
What is it like? And please don't say something along the lines of "well everyones pain tolerance is different etc." i know.. i don't think it will hurt THAT much, but considering i have only ever had my ears pierced..it will probably hurt more than that... just wondering what others, who have it..thought it felt like to them.
does it bleed a lot?
how long does it take to heal? how long before i can have sex afterwards? o.o
are their specific metals that are better than others for this sort of thing?
what are the biggest concerns with this sort of piercing?
is it a pain in the ass to keep clean?
um...if i think of more questions...i'll post them...
Thanks to anyone and everyone who takes the time to answer! :D
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
linda
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote linda Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 4:51pm
Well, if I were you, I'd just grow some balls and do it ;-) (pun intended)

Mine hurt like a motherf*er for about a second, and I screamed so loud that the neighbours were probably startled.
Other than that, it never hurt, never bled, and healed within two and a half weeks.
Keeping it clean is as easy as regular washing/showering, and one or two daily sea salt soaks.
I had sex about a week after, but you're not actually supposed to before it's fully healed (2-3 weeks afaik).

Definitely one of the easiest piercings of all times, once you've managed to get the courage and go through that one second of possibly ridiculous pain :-)

PS: Oh, and welcome back.
I talk too much.
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 5:04pm
I keep thinking...why don't i want to do it? cause i know i do... but something is still holding me back and i cant figure out what it is!
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 5:11pm
just get it done. if you don't like it, take it out. just make sure you choose your piercer carefully and ensure you ask them all the questions you want to ask before.
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
linda
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote linda Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 5:14pm
Well, it's up to you, obviously.
I also took quite a while to decide to get mine.
But now that I have it, I don't remember why I ever made such a fuss out if it really, haha

But maybe, since you only have your lobes done, it would make it easier for you to get some other piercings first, before you let a needle near such a delicate area.
I talk too much.
IP IP Logged
Rhuin
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 51

Quote Rhuin Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 5:15pm
Pain - a second of pain, it was fine though.
No bleeding for me
Wasn't too long to heal, I had sex about two days later but had to be careful and clean it.
Doesn't actually take too much to clean it.
I choose my own way to burn
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 6:00pm
also what size needle do they use? I was under the impression it was like..a belly button type ring...then I realized i have absolutely no idea and am curious lol
Also what am I looking at price wise?
It seems piercings aren't generally that expensive but in a place like that i don't know if it would be or not...
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 6:01pm

does it bleed a lot? Usually not much, maybe a drop of blood or two.

how long does it take to heal? how long before i can have sex afterwards? o.o  It heals pretty fast, about 3-4 weeks at most and some have healed within a couple of weeks. You are normally advised to not have sex in the first week, and if you feel pain during sex after wards, it's best to stop and wait for another time.

are their specific metals that are better than others for this sort of thing?  An implant grade stainless steel should be okay, unless you are highly allergic to Nickle then you should choose an implant grade Titanium. Curved barbells are pretty standard, but if you prefer, you can also use straight barbell, circular barbell or captive bead ring. Consult your piercer for the jewelry that most fitted for you.

what are the biggest concerns with this sort of piercing? Hood skin might get in the ball and feel pinched every once a while, especially after (rough) sex; but all in all, it should be pretty easy and fast to heal. Also, as long as you don't have urinary tract infection, you shouldn't have any problem either.

is it a pain in the ass to keep clean?  Nope, just keep it clean, soak it in warm sea salt and rinse it afterward with water, then you're good to go. Some might even suggest you use your own urine (remember, as long as you don't have urinary tract infection) to clean it and of course, rinse with water after.

also what size needle do they use? 14g needle and jewelries are standard...or at least that's what I normally use unless my clients ask for bigger gauges. 16g or smaller is way to thin for hood piercingg.

Edited by mspiggy - December/14/2009 at 6:05pm
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 6:27pm
awesome
starting to feel better about it
how exactly does the process go?
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 6:36pm
In addition to doing research around here, you might want to check out the BME experiences section and read some people's procedure experiences: http://www.bme.com/pierce/10-female/hood/index.html

Just remember they're not the "gospel" and some may not have been done by professionals.

Edited by CheapPerfume - December/14/2009 at 6:37pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version