Message Icon Topic: tongues Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Topic: tongues
    Posted: December/24/2009 at 10:22pm
I did a bit of searching on the boards for some info on tongue piercing but didn't find exactly what i was lookin for so figured i'd ask it.
First of all...ever since the hood piercing I have been a bit more daring and adventurous so I have been reconsidering a tongue piercing...another one i have wanted for a while but am to chicken to do it =x
My biggest concern is the healing will be a bitch...with as much movement and activity as the tongue gets is it just like hell in your mouth for a month or two?
Also..the piercing itself..how bad (or not) is that? I know everyones pain tolerance is difference and all that but as i asked before i just want to know what different peoples personal experiences are with getting their tongue pierced.
My other concern...well not mine but my bf's is that i wont be able to talk normally anymore -_- I know people with tongue rings who talk fine so i know it doesn't just cripple your speech or anything, but does it take time to re adjust to talking after getting it? aside from the first few days of healing and such, will it be a real pain to learn to talk again?
Thanks again for the help
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
IMMORTAL XAIAOS
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote IMMORTAL XAIAOS Replybullet Posted: December/24/2009 at 10:40pm
youll be fine if you go through with it. it doesnt hurt and it should heal in just a few weeks. it only swells for about 2-3 days at first and then youll be able to talk and eat no problem
IP IP Logged
saaaaan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 21

Quote saaaaan Replybullet Posted: December/25/2009 at 12:22am
Tongues are easy.. just follow aftercare, rinse with salt water (or dilluted alcohol free mouthwash), take ibuprofin (after the piercing) and it should be fine.
I was eating the day I got my "venoms" done.
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: December/25/2009 at 1:47am
The man is having issues with it now -_- Of all the people in my life i thought he would be the one going for it, but he's odd... we are discussing lol.
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
Girlgerm
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote Girlgerm Replybullet Posted: December/25/2009 at 4:43am
Is it his body? Nyet! Do what YOU want.
IP IP Logged
Sylvias
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Sylvias Replybullet Posted: December/25/2009 at 9:29pm
lol I always do what I want but I want him more than the tongue ring, not that he would leave me over it or anything, but it's not something that i would die without either.
Now if he was trying to tell me I couldn't have my animals that would be an entirely different story and we would be done.
And for the time being I have decided to put the money towards the tattoo I have been saving for.... wish me luck and i'll have it on news year day! :D
www.darksidereptiles.com
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: December/26/2009 at 6:02pm
It's good that you aren't jumping into anything that is potentially bad.
My only thoughts are dumb asses that get their tongues pierced a day or two before a holiday.
I saw a woman in my friend's shop on Christmas eve getting her tongue done.
If I was the piercer, I would have told her to go home and eat some ham and/or turkey.

IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: December/26/2009 at 7:31pm
If you're stupid enough to get your tongue pierced right before holiday dinner, then I will be happy to do it. :) I love making your life harder. :) I did a bunch of oral piercings the day before Christmas eve and on Christmas eve. Sillies. :p

Either way, if you want a tongue piercing, you should get it! It's the easiest oral piercing to heal and take care of. And after you get your jewelry downsized from the initial piercing, you'll be super stoked! You'll get pierced with a long barbell to accommodate for swelling, and you can generally downsize at two weeks. Swelling isn't usually too bad if you take ibuprofen, and it goes down after 24 - 72 hours. The first day is probably the hardest, when you're getting used to the jewelry and speech isn't usually any different or harder. Most people say they don't feel much soreness after a couple days, and I've been told by most clients that it's not that bad of a piercing. Just a quick sharp pinch and some weird pressure. :)

Edited by Cale - December/26/2009 at 7:36pm
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
ZombiePhlegm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote ZombiePhlegm Replybullet Posted: December/26/2009 at 8:02pm
mine has poor placement and effects my anounciation (something that's important when doing Performing arts ;) ) but if it's done correcrly it'll be fine :)

The Unbreakable!
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: December/27/2009 at 1:52pm
I've had a few people say their tongue piercing hurt (actually getting the piercing), but almost everyone says it's completely painless, just a pressure feeling.  Generally, if you can keep the swelling down, the pain isn't so bad.  Take ibuprofen just a few minutes before your piercing (that way it hasn't been metabolized yet and will not thin your blood before your piercing, but will kick in soon after so swelling and pain does not become an issue).  Continue to take ibuprofen every 4-6 hours for the first 3-4 days.  Suck on ice chips or eat ice cream, anything really cold will also help keep swelling down.  Sleep with your head elevated for the first week, either by sleeping in a recliner or with lots of pillows.  Swelling tends to be the worst first thing in the morning, and this is because you don't have gravity helping to keep fluids in your lower body.  Most people say that there is no pain after about a week, sometimes 2, regardless of how badly their tongue swelled. 

Eating and talking take some getting used to, but after a few weeks, neither is really affected all that much, especially after you downsize.  I've only had one client that noticeably talked funny after putting in a shorter barbell, but she was a wimpy person and I'm pretty sure she was being a drama queen about it all.  It's not hard to adjust the way you talk.  Can you talk fine if you're chewing gum or sucking on a piece of hard candy?  It's really no different than that.  Some people do tend to have some trouble with S's after a tongue piercing, but it's nothing really noticeable, just a slight slur.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version