<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Hardcore
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Hardcore
Message Icon Topic: Tongue Split Re-growth (how long in b/w cuts?) Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
NeuroGod
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote NeuroGod Replybullet Topic: Tongue Split Re-growth (how long in b/w cuts?)
    Posted: January/19/2010 at 5:49am
Hi everyone!

So I got my tongue split on January 3rd 2010. The piercer used a scalpel and cut about 1 inch (or maybe slightly less). However 1/4 already re-grew even though I put cotton rolls in between the two halves almost constantly during the first week and 1/2!!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew how long you were supposed to wait between cuts? I plan on going to see another piercer this Thursday and get it recut even further. This time it will be stitched so hopefully there won't be as much re-growth! Do you reckon it's too early to recut it?

I hope it's not though cause I am the impatient kind...

Thank you in advance!

Elodie
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: January/19/2010 at 9:17am
if you stretch a standard tongue piercing to around 4g to act as a base before the split, regrowth is practically nil, and is a requirement for me to split for you. however since you didn't go that route, I would think 3 to 4 weeks between splits should be sufficient
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
NeuroGod
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote NeuroGod Replybullet Posted: January/19/2010 at 5:33pm
I know having a large gauge piercing as an anchor would have been ideal, but I guess I got a little too impatient on this one...

Like you said, I hope 3 weeks will be sufficient! I don't really want to have to go back every few weeks/months to get it re-cut!

Anyways thanks a lot for the advices and the quick reply!

Elodie
IP IP Logged
Firia
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote Firia Replybullet Posted: January/19/2010 at 10:45pm
Ah! I'm so jealous. What's it look like now? Got any pics? How's it feel? How did it feel? Spill! :D
IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: January/19/2010 at 10:57pm
If youre tongue is large enough I would pierce behind the split and stretch.

That's what I did with mine. I had my tongue pierced at an 8g behind my split and stretched it to 4g before resplitting. Almost no regrowth. I waited about 3 months after getting to 4g to split it again.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: January/20/2010 at 12:55am
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
xjessiex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote xjessiex Replybullet Posted: January/20/2010 at 1:51am

Haha, same problem with mine>,<
I had mine cut in march '09, and have recut it myself every 2-3 months since then! I use gauze between the cut when i go to bed, and it may be good for a week..but then by the end of two months i alwazs end up with less than a cm left of the split.
If Sampa ends up in Australia like planned, I'll be getting it recut and sutured too...hoping this helps!!!

...i had my tongue pierced before having it split, but its not an option for another one- i took the first piercing out after a month because i absolutely loathed it!

Good luck with keeping it apart!

"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."
IP IP Logged
ditadahmer
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 45

Quote ditadahmer Replybullet Posted: January/20/2010 at 7:15am
I used to re-cut my tongue split and then heat up the scalpel and burn the where i just cut. I don't know if it actually helped but I think it did. I figured the dead tissue is less likely to heal back together.  
IP IP Logged
NeuroGod
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote NeuroGod Replybullet Posted: January/20/2010 at 6:59pm
@ Firia: If you look at my profile you’ll find a pic! As for how it felt, the first time I got it scalpelled and it was somewhat painful but bearable. The healing process was very annoying and uncomfortable, but I can’t complain too much as I had expected it to be worse... The second time (yesterday) I had the re-growth + a little more cut and the pain was OK... HOWEVER the suturing part hurt a lot!! =( It could be because I’m a wimp but the part where he tightened the stitches was one of the most painful experience for me...

And SteveSirenic: my tongue is pretty short and it was cut as far back as it could (to the webbing); therefore I can’t get a piercing behind it =/

And thanks Jessie =) I actually bought disposable scalpels and plan to use them if I see any re-growth. No way I’m letting my split get smaller after what I went through!
IP IP Logged
Firia
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Firia Replybullet Posted: January/20/2010 at 11:53pm
So sexy, girl. :) Mad jealous.
(I'm trying to sort out my frenulum before I get my tongue split. I'm aiming for a longer split. :D )
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version