<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Q&A for BMod Professionals
 BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: Hollywood body jewellery - dodgy bastards?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Prostethic_head
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 3

Quote Prostethic_head Replybullet Topic: Hollywood body jewellery - dodgy bastards??
    Posted: February/23/2010 at 8:32am
Im opening a new shop next week and wanted some jewellery displays, found some perfect ones on hollywoodbodyjewellery.com. So I spent $518 thru paypal and they sent a v informal mail asking for a copy of my id and full credit card details.. (isnt paypal accepted by EVERYONE??) They claim they need it to stop fraudulent accounts. So now theyves taken my $518, the email they sent and the one they claim to have sent is gone (they mail you thru their website and just send a mail to your actual mail telling yu theyve done so), the $20 store credit Id earned is gone and it says my order is still processing, not shipped. Also Im in Ireland, so I tried ringing their international number and it says its not in service...Has anyone dealt with these guys before? Could ayone tell me where I can get jewellery displays like these  - http://www.hollywoodbodyjewelry.com/?menu=product&pid=5328&psid=10507
 and http://www.hollywoodbodyjewelry.com/?menu=product&pid=6240&psid=11373

Ideally in Europe but I dont mind..
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: February/23/2010 at 12:56pm
I have placed orders with them periodically, and honestly have not had any problem with HBJ. You might want to chat with them when their live chat is on and ask about your order. It might have been that you are oversea and with such a big order, it takes some time to process and ship.
Just be patient for now and let me know how it goes.

Paypal is not always the best, I once got scam and since Paypal couldn't collect from the buyer, they took the money from me to cover their lost plus selling fee.

Edited by mspiggy - February/23/2010 at 12:58pm
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
Prostethic_head
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 3

Quote Prostethic_head Replybullet Posted: February/23/2010 at 1:20pm
They emailed me back just now and reassured me its being shipped today, and the fact youve dealt with them too takes a weight off my shoulders - I just felt like I was being screwed! Is their jewellery good quality? I dont like that they use G5 titanium but I work mainly in SSS anyway. 
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: February/23/2010 at 1:42pm
I didn't place any order with G5 Titanium either, mostly plugs and internally threaded jewelries. There are a few glitch every now and then but HBJ would normally send me the right items afterward, so it's all good. The quality is just as good as anywhere else I might say.
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: February/24/2010 at 2:05pm
I've ordered from them a handful of times too and never had a problem.  Their quality is good, but watch the materials closely.  All of their colored titanium stuff is titanium plated over SS, and some of their stuff they say is bioflex is also labeled as acrylic, so it's hard to say what it is exactly.  I order a lot of navel dangles and acrylic tongue, eyebrow, and navel jewelry, but I don't buy anything to use as initial jewelry.  They lack a lot of common sizes once you go bigger than 14g.

Edited by Carrie_p2005 - February/24/2010 at 7:49pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version