Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Forehead microdermals? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
AGirlNamedTex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote AGirlNamedTex Replybullet Topic: Forehead microdermals?
    Posted: March/23/2010 at 12:06am
Hi,

I'm looking to have two forehead microdermals done (professionally) as little "horns". Does anyone have any experience with forehead microdermals and can give me some information about them, e.g. placement, healing, problems? I'm finding very little information on the internet as a whole about them, and some pictures, but very few of that particular placement.

I'd love to gather any info I can, especially first person and pro experience. Thanks! Big%20Grin
My name is Tex and I'm like a hex, my playground is the world...
IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 12:22am
I had some. I took them out though in favor of getting the 8g from anatometal in the next couple of weeks.

Mine actually healed with no problems at all. I also know a couple other people with them that it's worked out fine for as well. Placement wise it's pretty much up to you I prefer them closer to the hairline.

I bled quite a bit. But, eh I'm a bleeder what can I say.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
lord-joe
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote lord-joe Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 6:11am
By far the least painful and quickest healing piercings iv ever got. The only problem i found so far is if your hair dresser is unaware you have them done and they catch one of them with the comb, but even that didnt do any noticeable damage.
God said to jon, "come forth and recieve eternal life" but john came fifth and won a toaster...
IP IP Logged
Oakbear
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote Oakbear Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 6:22am
I'm considering some in the '3rd eye' placemet, but my microdermals have rejected for before (albeit in different areas), and i'm not sure i fancy a red bump in the middle of my forehead if it does reject....
When all's been said and done, it's the things that are given, not won, are the things that you earned.
IP IP Logged
Cerkitboard
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 52

Quote Cerkitboard Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 9:57am
Ah I had exactly these! Go check out my profile to see some pics, I think I have some pics of it!

As previously said, by far the least painful thing I've ever had done! Not very much blood but a little. Yeh, catching can be a bit of a bitch. Especially putting on shirts and stuff. Combs aswell, that can be painful!

One of mine rejected, and the other migrated. I don't know other peoples feelings on it, but I think they can be a bit temperamental. Mine were sore for almost 2 years of having them. I eventually scalpeled them out myself because they were literally pointing in different directions.

I think they are bloody great, and despite what happened to mine, I would definately have them done again!!

Any more information you need babe just give me a message!

OH, edited because I wanted to say, you can barely see the scars where mine were, but I have dimples because I had to cut out alot of scar tissue aswell! I think you can sometimes see the scars in my pictures!

Edited by Cerkitboard - March/23/2010 at 9:58am
CerkitBoard
IP IP Logged
AGirlNamedTex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote AGirlNamedTex Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 4:19pm
Thank you, fellow Bmoders! I had thought about rejection and scarring, but I have so much scarring over my body already that another would just add to the collection, so I'm not too worried, I guess. :D However, I've never rejected a piercing, just experienced a slight touch of migration in my navel. So I think all should be good, just as long as I heed the warnings about snagging and such. That's been a tremendous problem with my helixes too.

Please, keep the information coming!
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 6:06pm
I have them as well, but in the middle of the forehead (like a vertical bridge).
So far i had no problems, only the bottom one is sometimes a little red, because it is exactly in the position where the forehead makes a curve, hence i assume it will take more time to settle down.

I would say that they won't certainly last forever and i know this, there are high chances of rejection since it's an high movement area but since i will tattoo there in many years scar don't scare me.

Good luck with them!
IP IP Logged
kristy006
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 68

Quote kristy006 Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 7:18pm
I know they've been done millions of times and turned out perfectly fine, but this always kind of freaked me out...
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Inward_Traveling_Infection
Mid-Town Tattoo & Body Piercing
138 W. 13th St.
Erie, PA
www.mid-towntattoo.com
IP IP Logged
AGirlNamedTex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote AGirlNamedTex Replybullet Posted: March/23/2010 at 9:06pm
Good to know, about the inward travelling infection. It seems to be very rare in cases of implants, and I can't find any documentation that this has happened to forehead microdermals, but it's still excellent information. Thank you for posting that.

I like the last bit of the article:

"It can not be emphasized enough how incredibly important it is to monitor your healing (and healed) body modifications, be in good health, and generally "in tune" with what your body is doing."

Good stuff.
IP IP Logged
Goat_Feet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Goat_Feet Replybullet Posted: March/24/2010 at 2:32pm
As far as I know inward traveling infections are much more of a risk with transdermal implants. I can't see that being a problem with forehead microdermals as long as the piercer knows what they're doing because microdermals aren't that deep in the skin and the procedure is much less invasive than a transdermal procedure.

I've had three microdermals right down the center of my forehead for 6 mos+ now and I haven't had any problems with them. Foreheads are a good place for them in my opinion since it's a nice flat, low motion area.

I know you're looking at a "horn" placement, but as a little advice to anyone who's looking to put them anywhere else on your forehead: make sure you're aware of any creases in your forehead when you raise your eyebrows etc. I had some strong creases in my forehead when I raised my eyebrows and I placed the microdermals right between them and I havent had any rejection problems due to movement :D
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version