Message Icon Topic: Tongue ligature Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
MattTheCat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote MattTheCat Replybullet Topic: Tongue ligature
    Posted: March/31/2010 at 2:38pm
So I'm currently going through the ligature method. I went felonious drunk's way, started with fishing line and switched to dental floss. It's like night and day, fishing line totally sucks. The only reason I'm going through the ligature method is that I don't like the sight or taste of my own blood. To anyone who doesn't mind that I'd definitely recommend getting it done with a scalpel or something, this is just tedious.

I've wanted to split my tongue for about 3 years now. First I stretched to a 4g tongue bar. I'm about two weeks in, and it's going fairly well. I clean it about 2 or 3 times a day, and swap the binding out on average once every two days. It hurt quite a bit as it was going through the surface (that was fishing line), but now it's just annoying, except in the morning when my tongue swells against the binding. The white sticky stuff that it uses to try to rejoin is the most annoying thing (that and trying to eat anything that doesn't have the consistency of mush), but a combination of sea salt water, forceps, and disposable razor blades takes care of it pretty well. When I take the binding out I like to spend about 20 minutes or so just walking around, running the tongue all over my mouth, it feels so weird around the split area.

When it's done and healed, depending on how it looks, I might get a lingual frenectomy, repierce my tongue, and split it further back.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. --Robert C. Gallagher
IP IP Logged
vomitory
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 32

Quote vomitory Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 6:53pm
Sounds like it's more irritating than anything, having to deal with the tongue constantly trying to heal and rejoin.

Since you don't like the idea of scalpelling, why not get it lasered or cauterized? The laser method is essentially blood-less. But you'd have to find a medical professional willing to do so.. so maybe not. Cauterizing has a lot less blood involved as well.

I'm attracted to chaos, attracted to rage,

And I might offend you.
IP IP Logged
MattTheCat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote MattTheCat Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 7:30pm
I don't like the idea of cauterizing because of the scar tissue and possible nerve damage it can cause. Laser for the reasons you already mapped out doesn't seem likely either, plus even if I find a practitioner willing the price would likely be a bit prohibitive. This method works for me, I'm a patient guy. Just not something I'd recommend to anyone else.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. --Robert C. Gallagher
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 8:04pm
you dont like the idea of scar tissue and nerve damage, so you're using a method that more often than not leaves a lot more scar tissue and nerve damage....

yep....

makes sense to me...
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 8:05pm
but it's cheaper, hell yeah you get a mod for free!
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 8:07pm
i can chop my finger off with a machete i have in the trunk of my car... that would be free and DIY....
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 8:09pm
and hardcore
IP IP Logged
MattTheCat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote MattTheCat Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 8:39pm
Ligaturing when done properly shouldn't really leave any scar tissue or nerve damage. So far I've been totally impressed on how well the tongue is recovering as it goes, I'm taking it nice and slow. I've seen cauterizations, and every one I've seen was not pretty. It's not like I didn't do my research beforehand, I spent three years tracking down people and asking around before I took the plunge.
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 10:00pm
still it's the less adviceable method to use for a tongue split.
I personally don't get the 'i don't advice it to anyone but i will start a forum topic about it' thing.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 10:16pm
I would like to see a photo when it has been completed.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version