BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Tongue ligature Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
MattTheCat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote MattTheCat Replybullet Posted: March/31/2010 at 10:50pm
Sure thing Cale, though that'll probably take a few months. I'm actually taking pics every few days, so I'll probably set up hosting and post a link to the whole shebang when done.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. --Robert C. Gallagher
IP IP Logged
pointblankzero
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote pointblankzero Replybullet Posted: April/01/2010 at 7:16pm
I'd like to see some pics during actually
Follow: @jrdnhannah
IP IP Logged
seriesofstraws
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 1

Quote seriesofstraws Replybullet Posted: April/24/2010 at 4:32am
i tied off mine with fishing line, it took 3 weeks to split fully. i tightened my binding 2 times every day, 3 times on the weekends. the thinner the fishing line, the better. it does hurt like a mother fucker, but once its done its done, you dont have to worry about it regrowing and resplitting it. just be determined!
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: April/24/2010 at 6:59am
Originally posted by seriesofstraws

i tied off mine with fishing line, it took 3 weeks to split fully. i tightened my binding 2 times every day, 3 times on the weekends. the thinner the fishing line, the better. it does hurt like a mother fucker, but once its done its done, you dont have to worry about it regrowing and resplitting it. just be determined!

who mislabeled you a pro with that misinformation in your tool chest?  ligature bifurcation can regrow just as easily.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
MattTheCat
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote MattTheCat Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 7:39pm
...and it is done. The ligature method wasn't making any progress during the last couple weeks (once it hit the scar tissue from the piercing), so I cut the remainder at work today. That was the only blood during the whole procedure, and it stopped bleeding about 10 minutes later.

I moved twice during the procedure, and my camera was packed for a good chunk of the experience and I misplaced it for a couple weeks at one point, so I didn't really get to document the whole process. I'm still at work right now, will take a picture and post to my profile later tonight when I get home.

I love it, it's by far my favorite mod to date.

Edited by MattTheCat - June/07/2010 at 7:41pm
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. --Robert C. Gallagher
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: June/08/2010 at 11:58am
definitely not a method i would've chosen (and didn't), but kudos for it being complete. i am curious to see the photos as well.

as for the cauterizing comment, i wouldn't recommend that as the only method to actually split the tongue, but mine was scalpel cut and the bleeding points were cauterized. it did of course damage nerves temporarily, and most of the inside of the wound was numb for quite a while, but things are fine now. i didn't bleed at all after i was cauterized though, and since i'm not much of a bleeder normally the actual cut didn't yield a whole lot of blood in comparison to many other splits i've seen.
IP IP Logged
famouslastwords
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 45

Quote famouslastwords Replybullet Posted: June/30/2010 at 5:59pm

I just have to add that you stated the reason you didn't wish to seek a professional was due to not enjoying seeing/tasting your own blood, and of course the possible nerve damage & scarr tissue from it

.. but you went ahead & cut it yourself, which could have caused more trouble than all of that. . and you still had to deal with your blood.

kudos to you
I'm no professional with sauterizing / tongue bifircation , but thats just weird
eastcoaststudios
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version