BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Numbness and tingling Post Reply Post New Topic
toxic_sunset
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 14

Quote toxic_sunset Replybullet Topic: Numbness and tingling
    Posted: April/06/2010 at 4:23am
The last time I was tattooed, I had some heavy black done in my elbow ditch and inner upper arm. 

Immediately after we were done, I noticed that my thumb, index finger, and half of my middle finger were numb--tingly when I pressed on them. A few hours later, I also noticed that a large bit of my forearm was also numb and tingly. I had a hard time grasping things because I couldn't feel a thing with my thumb or forefinger.

For the first few days, I assumed it was just swelling pressing on a nerve in my elbow area. Then...two weeks later, I started to wonder if it might be permanent. Then, a month and a half later, I definitely resigned myself to the fact that we had somehow killed nerves in my arm.  

It took another month or so before I realized the sensation beginning to come back. 

Now, this was months ago. I'm not looking for advice about it. I'm simply curious as to whether other people have had this happen, either in similar areas or completely different areas. 
One of the artists in the shop mentioned that he had a friend who lost feeling in his hand for years after having his inner bicep tattooed. 

Anyone else have a similar experience?
IP IP Logged
belle
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote belle Replybullet Posted: April/06/2010 at 4:56am
i have noticed when having my back done, my elbow goes all tingly and numb, and vise versa. but only while its being done, not months later.  pretty wicked to lose feeling etc in ya hand.
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

IP IP Logged
Ragnar
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Ragnar Replybullet Posted: April/06/2010 at 7:13am
Strange...my whole body is pretty much tattooed and i never ever had such sensations.
Thanx for sharing this experience...fortunately the trauma while getting tattooed is very shallow...so the sensation supposed to come back in every case...but years is a long time!
Very interesting...
www.stigmata-inc.de
---Pierce it Right !!! ---
IP IP Logged
xevious
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 119

Quote xevious Replybullet Posted: April/06/2010 at 8:26am
yeah, it's weird. The tattoo done on the guy that he says made him lose sensation is rather badly done, and the guy can't feel part of his hand, hasn't since he got it.
I have titties.
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: April/06/2010 at 12:35pm
I think we have another thread about nerve damages, but basically a few (motor and) sensory nerves were injured; unless the conditions are favorable, the nerve cells/neurons cannot be regenerated.

If you loose parts or all sensations while getting tattoos (and even after wards), the tattoo artists probably went too deep.

Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
BtrHlzThnU
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote BtrHlzThnU Replybullet Posted: March/19/2012 at 12:06pm
I have the same thing happening. I had my sleeve worked on around my wrist and I'm having some tingling in my hand except it's my pinky and ring finger.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version