Piercing Ideas
 BodyMod.org Forum : Idea Banks : Piercing Ideas
Message Icon Topic: Hand Webbing? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
RBTokes
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote RBTokes Replybullet Topic: Hand Webbing?
    Posted: April/08/2010 at 3:18pm
What are the chances of the webbing on your hand (in between thumb and index finger) becoming infected? And how long would it take to heal? I really want one but I've been told they have a low healing rate because its in an always moving area.
IP IP Logged
fragaholic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 81

Quote fragaholic Replybullet Posted: April/08/2010 at 4:10pm
chances of infection are very high. you use your hand for all kinds of things and it's almost impossible to keep them clean. For most people handweb piercings won't ever heal. they'll get infected and/or get rejected most probably. Movement doesn't really help with that.
I think you will have a hard time finding anyone with a healed web piercing. It's a very rare case.
IP IP Logged
Harleyg
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote Harleyg Replybullet Posted: April/08/2010 at 6:16pm
It is a horrible place for a piercing....Huge risk of extreme irritation and a risk for infection. Imagine putting your had in your dirty ol' pockets..
IP IP Logged
DeaOfScelestus
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 74

Quote DeaOfScelestus Replybullet Posted: April/08/2010 at 6:23pm
Hand web piercings are a bad idea due to the extremely high risk of infection and rejection. I personally will not perform them on anyone. I did one ONCE for my Aunt however. She bugged me for 4 months to do it even tho I kept telling her it wouldn't work. I finally caved and did it. It only took a few days for it to start rejecting. It was very painful, oozed pus, got caught on everything, calloused over.... it was a mess. I begged her to take it out and she refused. what made it worse was that she loved it SO much that she dealt with this for almost two months before I finally told her that she could seriously, and possibly fatally, harm herself if she did not remove it. She cried when we took it out... but I'll be damned it healed up and now you could never tell it was there.

So. Moral of this story is... don't do it. Any respectable and responsible piercer won't do it for you anyway.

Edited by DeaOfScelestus - April/08/2010 at 6:25pm
Photobucket
IP IP Logged
Mizzbee666
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Mizzbee666 Replybullet Posted: October/29/2010 at 12:27pm
I've had the web.  Pure waste of time and money.
It doesn't last long (a month or 2 max) it's incredibly prone to rejection and can easily snag on anything you hold.
You also have to have it remove once it noticeably  starts to move forward (which it WILL do).  If you leave it too long it will leave quite a harsh scar and possibly a dent where it once lived.
IP IP Logged
holelottalove
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 7

Quote holelottalove Replybullet Posted: October/31/2010 at 11:03am

Hand webbing. Just don't do it.

IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: October/31/2010 at 11:06am
yea, what they said
IP IP Logged
Jesykka
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Jesykka Replybullet Posted: October/31/2010 at 4:44pm
Mine lasted maybe four months. They were never infected, but were always nice and gunky... I had them pierced initially with curved bars, then swapped to tygon after about a month. They just kept right on migrating, so eventually I just took them out.
Meh. Given my time again, I'd still do it.
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina
IP IP Logged
Jesykka
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Jesykka Replybullet Posted: October/31/2010 at 4:49pm
From beginning: http://www.bodymod.org/mods/mods.aspx?ID=41314&modtype=Pierce&lm=1

To end: http://www.bodymod.org/mods/mods.aspx?ID=42839&modtype=Pierce&lm=1
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina
IP IP Logged
spakitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote spakitten Replybullet Posted: January/12/2011 at 6:17pm
@ Jesykka - WOW! awesome pics... Too bad these piercings don't heal... They look sick :]
Blood... The new Pink!!!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version