Piercing Ideas
 BodyMod.org Forum : Idea Banks : Piercing Ideas
Message Icon Topic: Septum? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Eiram666Yelhsa
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote Eiram666Yelhsa Replybullet Topic: Septum?
    Posted: June/15/2010 at 11:59pm
For those who have had this done:
Was the piercing crooked when pierced, did it settle straight? Would it be askew do to initial swelling? Please help me.
Thanks. Hyper
-menchaca
IP IP Logged
XrepresentX
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 40

Quote XrepresentX Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 12:32am
if its crooked when you got it done its hell most likely gonna be crooked forever,

i have mine done , it was straight and healed straight, some people i know get them done and there a bti crooked then they tell themselves its straight when its actually not

haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 12:40am
When I had mine pierced, my artist had to do it an a funny angle because my septum itself is crooked (as is my entire nose). It appeared straight from an outside view.

Swelling might cause it to look crooked.

Sometimes the jewelry might make it look crooked. For instance, I was pierced with a retainer, and it looked crooked, but I switched to a seamless hoop and it looked straight.

Sometimes if it's a little crooked you can manipulate it to be straight based on how you wear your jewelry. I wore a tusk for a little while and that straightened it out a little, because it's anchored in place by your nostrils.

Typically unless the piercer does a real bad job, it's not too terribly noticeable if it's a little off. It'll drive YOU crazy, but 9 times out of 10 no one else will notice.
IP IP Logged
Kashina
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 24

Quote Kashina Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 12:58am

Can you post a picture and how old the piercing is?

Beauty Inspires.
IP IP Logged
FLPierce
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote FLPierce Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 1:11am
Mine is straight. The Circular barbell did not look even because the piercer bent it so I could tuck in up into my nose. I got it done at 14g and today I stretched to 8g. I bought and 8g retainer, which was hard to find, but I don't like it because it is too long to be tucked in my nose, it's also apparently impossible to stretch because I tried with pliers. I put in an 8g SS tunnel instead.
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 1:16am
I have a tiny nose, so the piercer had to bend the retainer to have a wider opening so the legs would fit up into my nostrils. lol
IP IP Logged
standingtyping
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote standingtyping Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 1:20am
my nose isn't straight, I doubt my septum itself is straight but it was pierced straight, all my jewelry hangs straight and always has... *whistles for a pro*

"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."
IP IP Logged
flutegoddess
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote flutegoddess Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 1:27am
Mine was pierced with a retainer and i was TERRIFIED it was crooked. When i put a CBB in it looks straight. Someone also told me that if you stretch up sometimes that straightens it out. Mine looks dead on after i stretched it to a 12g and am using a retainer that i know is even :)
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 1:30am
I like looking up my nose and marveling at how crooked it is. It's a good thing that my punch isn't meant to be visible. It came out a hair crooked.
IP IP Logged
flutegoddess
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote flutegoddess Replybullet Posted: June/16/2010 at 1:37am
I don't know that my nose is crooked so much as large and hooked. I went thru school being called Gonzo and not realizing in time to relate it to Hunter S Thompson instead of that annoying-ass blue muppet. So as my friend Ali told my mom when i got my nostril and then my septum pierced, "its so big you just have to decorate it" :)

*edit to add*

Not that it would've had anything to do with HST but, you know, it'd have made me feel better at the time.

Edited by flutegoddess - June/16/2010 at 1:38am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version