Message Icon Topic: Tongue split aftermath Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
coil222
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 11

Quote coil222 Replybullet Topic: Tongue split aftermath
    Posted: July/23/2010 at 5:38pm
Ok. This will hopefully be my last question about this, I hate to keep bothering you fabulous people, but there's not many folks in Cincy who know much about these..

Ok my split was 7/6, so I'm pretty well healed up now, talking about 95% normally, still a bit swollen but not bad, and back to work, eating normally etc etc.

Other than the 'practice playing with it in front of a mirror', does anyone have any good tips/suggestions on how to learn to work the 2 sides of the split separately? Is this things I should be able to do by now, or am I looking for too much too soon?

I can stick them both up, both down, but can't do one up one down yet. I can open/close the halves like a pincher. I can't wrap the halves around each other yet either. It still kinda hurts to roll my tongue (which I could do fine before) but I'm sure that's more to do with the scar tissue at the base of the split.

Thanks in advance!

IP IP Logged
bodymod05
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 137

Quote bodymod05 Replybullet Posted: July/23/2010 at 7:12pm
 Some people can do all kinds of things and others just cant.  My advise as a split tongue person, would be to keep practicing.  If you had alot of control before the split you should be able to do alot after. Have Patience Grass Hopper.
Evil Dave Has Spoken!!!
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: July/23/2010 at 10:08pm
What I really did was play around with it a lot at work.. had nothing better to do with my mouth while I was there!

Something my piercer recommends people to do is to make it stronger by sticking it all the way out, stretching it enough to kind of feel the burn and putting it back in, kinda curling the tips back while you're putting it back in. And then eventually learn to hold a straw there, that should help you get some strength to do some "tongue tricks" that you want to do.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: July/23/2010 at 11:03pm
I got mine done on 6/20 and only last week was I able to cross the tips and I'm starting to figure out the whole "clapping" thing.  Still cant lift each side separately.

I didn't have much control before the split so I'm pretty happy so far.  The regrowth is sucking ass tho.  I can't open it nearly as wide as I was able to 2 weeks ago.  I told myself I didnt want to go through splitting again, but I don't think I have much of a choice lol.
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: July/24/2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by JohnnyVilonious

The regrowth is sucking ass tho.  I can't open it nearly as wide as I was able to 2 weeks ago.  I told myself I didnt want to go through splitting again, but I don't think I have much of a choice lol.

Have you tried flossing the re-growth out? Some plain (uncoated) braided floss works great for that.. doesn't feel the best, but it works to get rid of it. Also pulling the halves apart hard, which hurts like hell, also works to get rid of the re-growth.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: July/24/2010 at 11:00am
^^Someone else told me to try the floss too.  I guess I'll give that a shot.
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: August/11/2010 at 6:07pm
Just wanted to update my issue in case anybody else has the same problem....

I spoke to my buddy Rata (from Rata Body Art in Argentina) and he also said the floss would help, but I had to take it slow and only cut a little at a time and not to make it bleed, because if it bleeds, it'll stick back together.

So that was about 2 weeks ago now and I've probably been able to re-claim about 1/8th of an inch of my split.  So far so good, but now it seems that I've cut through all the scar tissue so now I'm down to the meat so I can only take a couple swipes before it starts bleeding so I gotta take it slower.

I'm hoping this will save me having to re-cut again, but at least now (if I decided to cut again) I can keep it from re-growing before it actually happens.
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: August/11/2010 at 6:10pm
Also, on the lifting each side independently thing, I spoke to another friend (the guy who actually did my tongue split) who has had his tongue split for 5 years, and he cant do it either.  So it might just be something that some people can do, and others can't do. 
IP IP Logged
holelottalove
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote holelottalove Replybullet Posted: September/24/2010 at 3:21pm
Hey guys, sorry to butt in with an amateur question, but this re-growth you're talking about, is that a permanent thing? As in will a split tongue always regrow or will it eventually scar and stay split? Also, what's the rate that it regrows? I'm just interested because I'm considering getting mine done. Thanks! Smile

Edited by holelottalove - September/24/2010 at 3:21pm
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: September/26/2010 at 12:16am
Mine re-grew pretty quickly but doesnt seem to be doing it any more (but I floss it every other day so that might be keeping it back)

I got about 50% regrowth within a month of getting my split.  There was another guy who got his split the same day I got mine, I saw him last week and our tongues look the same :(

All that said, I still love my tongue split.  I dont really "want" to go through the procedure (mainly the healing) again, but I do intend on recutting in the near future.

Edited by JohnnyVilonious - September/26/2010 at 12:18am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version