<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Tattoo suuuuper itchy and Raised. normal? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
DiamanteSKye
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote DiamanteSKye Replybullet Topic: Tattoo suuuuper itchy and Raised. normal?
    Posted: August/20/2010 at 1:18am
i have several tattoos already and havent come across anything like this before. i got a tattoo on my forearm about 2 weeks ago.
It went through its normal new tattoo symptoms, soreness, then itchyness, then dryness, peeling etc. well the peelings pretty much gone now.  but its suuuuuuuper itchy and raised. im almost starting to think its infected. it isnt oozing any fluids or anything. it isnt bleeding, it isnt scabby either.
i washed it maybe about 5 times a day the first week and moisturized throughout  the day with aquaphor(sp?). When i run my hand over it you can feel the raised grooves around the the tracing of the actual tattoo. and its itchy as hell. im trying sooo hard not to scratch. when it gets itchy i kinda just rub my hand over it to stop the itching.
Any advice?
im including some pictures i just took right now. i apologize for the iphones poor picture quality.

Edited by MontanaPiercer - August/24/2010 at 10:45am
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: August/20/2010 at 1:28am
It's not infected so don't panic...it looks like a healing tattoo. It just happens sometimes, so try not to scratch it and lotion helps with the itch. Lotion it a couple times a day, and something simple like Lubriderm (for normal to dry skin) is helpful. The raised will go away, don't worry. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
belle
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote belle Replybullet Posted: August/20/2010 at 1:43am
pretty tattoo. i personally like bepanthen, and i lightly slap my tattoos when they get really itchy. either that or a cold flannel will help. good luck.
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: August/20/2010 at 12:15pm
Try putting your lotion in the refrigerator, and applying whenever the itch gets really intense.  The cold will help relieve some of the itching.  You could also try an over-the-counter allergy medication.  It can help with itching even when the cause is not an actual allergy.  The forearm tends to be a pretty sensitive area, so don't worry too much about the raised lines and itching.

Edited to clarify that I meant an oral allergy medication.  I wouldn't recommend putting an allergy cream on a tattoo while it is healing.

Edited by Carrie_p2005 - August/21/2010 at 12:10pm
IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: August/22/2010 at 9:43pm
is this the first full-colour tattoo you've got done? or are there any colours that are new to you in it? have you had this brand of inks used before on you? i'm asking, because it might be a case of a slight allergic reaction to one or more of the inks used. it happens.

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: August/22/2010 at 9:50pm
I slap my tattoos when they get itchy.  It helps when you can't scratch it.
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
flutegoddess
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote flutegoddess Replybullet Posted: August/22/2010 at 10:11pm

lotion in the fridge=win . I started using Aveeno with oatmeal in it when i got my feet tattooed because they itched incessantly, I'm not a pro so don't quote me that the lotion is safe for your tattoos but mine healed good :)

IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: August/22/2010 at 10:50pm
i have the same every now and again...

i use and swear by vaseline intensive care lotion... no fragrances, no artificial colors.... it's good stuff....

and, yea.... lotion in the fridge FTW
IP IP Logged
DiamanteSKye
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote DiamanteSKye Replybullet Posted: August/23/2010 at 10:54am
it was my first time tattooing with that artist. I have several tattoos already though both color and black and gray. but this was the first time it's been raised and super itchy like this. I know he used like 15 different colors and he kept going over raw pieces .im thinking it may have just been too deep? idk. either way i love how it came out. i just hate the itchiness! and it feels gross when i run my hand over it. all lumpy and stuff. haha

Edited by DiamanteSKye - August/23/2010 at 10:56am
IP IP Logged
Arturs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote Arturs Replybullet Posted: August/23/2010 at 12:22pm
Like metalbabe told,maybe its because your'e alergic to some ink.I had alergic reaction to ink twice,but it went away naturally,so don't worry it's gonna be ok.It heals longer but keep taking care of it and you will be fine.Smile
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version