<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Infected industrial getting better!! Post Reply Post New Topic
megand91
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote megand91 Replybullet Topic: Infected industrial getting better!!
    Posted: August/28/2010 at 12:05am
So I got my industrial pierced 3 weeks as of tomorro.
A week ago, I noticed this "bump" growing on the back of my piercing. At the time I was just doing the litha method.
Tuesday (2 weeks and a bit after) I went to my hairdressers. She was gentle, but it still got snagged and bumped around. Then I smelt something nasty. My ear was oozing yellowish-green puss (infection, correct?)
So that night, and the night after, I did a chamomille soak with a few drops of tea tree oil in it. The "bump" went down a little bit each night. Now my ear is no longer oozing that nasty stuff, its now turned clearish-white, and the bump is almost gone.
I am assuming the infection is gone? Cause now im hearing horror stories about infection eating the cartilage causing the ear to collapse, and that I NEED antibiotics. But I also heard that cartilage doesnt heal very well because there isnt alot of bloodflow. Well I have very vein-y ears, you can see them at the top, and I bled like a bitch getting it pierced.
Am i in the clear now?? Now im just doing chamomille with sea salt soaks. Do I NEED antibiotics?? Any advice would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Kashina
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 24

Quote Kashina Replybullet Posted: August/28/2010 at 12:15am
Sounds like there is no need for antibiotics. If it has continued to improve then keep up with your cleaning program and stick withit throughout the heaing time to prevent another possible infection.
Beauty Inspires.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: August/28/2010 at 1:07am
do not take antibiotics.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Arturs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote Arturs Replybullet Posted: August/28/2010 at 4:47am
Industrial is a bitch to heal...You must be patient.Mine took 6 months to heal,but i heard stories of longer times.Good luck mate!Smile
IP IP Logged
megand91
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote megand91 Replybullet Posted: August/28/2010 at 11:32am
Thanks guys. I figured I didnt need anti-biotics since its getting a little better everyday, its just I got all paranoid from the other site i was on, saying I need anti-biotics and that it wont get better even with natural treatment.
Thanks again for reassuring me
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: August/28/2010 at 5:09pm
What site is that, if you don't mind my asking?
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: August/28/2010 at 6:14pm
the site is correct in context.  an infection will not clear up on it's own.  however, you were more than likely misdiagnosed as having an infection instead of an irritated piercing.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version