Message Icon Topic: Nail Piercings Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
holelottalove
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 7

Quote holelottalove Replybullet Topic: Nail Piercings
    Posted: October/03/2010 at 12:25pm
I've just bought a few nail drills and a whole load of nail jewellery (some of it's extremely cool - I'm actually very jealous I'm not a long nailed girl!), intending to start doing nail piercings at the studio.

They're not exactly difficult to do, the stock/drills are cheap to buy and stock. I guess most of the time they're done in nail/hair and beauty salons...but I suppose they do still come under the category of piercings, and thus body art/modification...so we can justify doing them alongside the usual piercings, mods, tattoos? I don't think I have anywhere in my hometown (Peterborough) that does them...I mean, I'm no expert on the local nail bars...but I've never seen anyone with them...

So has anyone else done these before? Or had them before? Smile

IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 12:53pm
so, you're gonna have fingernail dust contaminating your work area.... sounds like a plan...

best to leave things like that to the nail salons...

besides.... i doubt you'll get very much business looking for that... it's usually something that people get done at the nail salon cause they're there, it's available, and they've already got their mind on getting their nails done... .

kinda like how you never think of getting a car air freshener until you're at the car wash....

personally, i dont think it's a good idea for a piercing/tattoo studio...
IP IP Logged
holelottalove
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote holelottalove Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by freakychild

so, you're gonna have fingernail dust contaminating your work area.... sounds like a plan...

best to leave things like that to the nail salons...

besides.... i doubt you'll get very much business looking for that... it's usually something that people get done at the nail salon cause they're there, it's available, and they've already got their mind on getting their nails done... .

kinda like how you never think of getting a car air freshener until you're at the car wash....

personally, i dont think it's a good idea for a piercing/tattoo studio...
Hmmm, I get ya...good points there, and thanks for your input Pleased

I'm not expecting anyone to come to me looking for nail piercings, but kinda thinking if I have a nice sign and a good range of jewellery on display, might get a few folk deciding to get it done as a spur-of-the-moment thing while visiting the studio for something else. After all it's very quick and cheap.

You mention the fingernail dust...I hadn't considered that, have to look into that and see what, if anything, can be done.

Suppose there's no harm in giving it a trial for a month or two...
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by holelottalove

Originally posted by freakychild

so, you're gonna have fingernail dust contaminating your work area.... sounds like a plan... best to leave things like that to the nail salons... besides.... i doubt you'll get very much business looking for that... it's usually something that people get done at the nail salon cause they're there, it's available, and they've already got their mind on getting their nails done... .kinda like how you never think of getting a car air freshener until you're at the car wash.... personally, i dont think it's a good idea for a piercing/tattoo studio...
Hmmm, I get ya...good points there, and thanks for your input Pleased

I'm not expecting anyone to come to me looking for nail piercings, but kinda thinking if I have a nice sign and a good range of jewellery on display, might get a few folk deciding to get it done as a spur-of-the-moment thing while visiting the studio for something else. After all it's very quick and cheap.

You mention the fingernail dust...I hadn't considered that, have to look into that and see what, if anything, can be done.

Suppose there's no harm in giving it a trial for a month or two...

Buy dremell with built-in particle vacuum
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 2:44pm
I got my nail bling when I was at the salon. There's no way (even with a shitload of training) that I'd allow my piercer (or any piercer) do that to me

edited for missing wordsCrazy

Edited by merrry - October/03/2010 at 2:45pm
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 5:00pm
I know this isn't on topic, but aesthetically I find them a little odd. It seems bizarre to me that they go through nail and not skin. They just look a bit wrong to me, whereas piercings in skin to me look very very right. Each to their own though.

Maybe it's cause I find long nails freaky anyway. Particularly long ones scare me. I don't bite my own nails out of habit but to keep them short, or cut them.

Edited by LucieMay - October/03/2010 at 5:01pm
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 5:07pm
technically, it is a piercing.. in that you are creating a hole in a natural part of your body and placing jewelry into that hole...

however, to offer such a thing at a studio, to me, somewhat 'cheapens' the validity of the studio...

i can't imagine someone wiht a fresh manicure wanting to leave that nail salon, go to you to get the nail piercing, and in the process "mess up" their fresh manicure... ya know... that's one reason it's done in the nail salon... so that the nail 'technician' can do the placement and then proceed with the manicure...

the dremel and vacuum idea is technically feasible, but dust and filings will still escape into the air and deposit on surfaces....
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 6:01pm
You also need a license to work on nails in most areas

My gf is a nail tech
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: October/03/2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by JohnnyVilonious

You also need a license to work on nails in most areas

My gf is a nail tech

good point...

check out your local and state regulations
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: October/04/2010 at 11:20pm
Nails should be left to nail technicians. 
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version