<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Hardcore Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Skully Branding Experience/Healing Log Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
xjessiex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote xjessiex Replybullet Posted: November/24/2010 at 4:52pm

this may sound silly- but did you ever rub any cream in it to stop the itchiness?
just looking at others brandings (and my own experience) they seem to all but disappear after a few months- before raising and sometimes not stopping! (ie stuffsh's post in the forums, and my own).

I never irritated mine and they are incredibly raised and at times have that stinging/almost painful sensation you spoke of...do you think rubbing cream into them at the earlier stages would really effect the outcome drastically???

btw- love the images^.^ interested to see how it looks in about a year or two to see how evenly te skully heals:)

"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: November/24/2010 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by freakychild

yes, the outline was done, a photo was taken, then the interior of the skull was branded away as a removal and then the second photo in this series was taken.... the second photo shows the completed piece only about an hour after it was done.....
i apologize if that wasn't made clear in my posts...

Oh OK... I see now what you were saying but you never actually specified that the inside was done as well, so I didn't make the connection.  It makes a lot more sense now!

Thanks for posting this.  I have a lot of clients that ask about branding.  I've never been able to tell them much because it's an area I just don't know much about.  I can now direct them here so they can get an idea of the healing process.

Edited by Carrie_p2005 - November/24/2010 at 10:07pm
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: November/27/2010 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by xjessiex

this may sound silly- but did you ever rub any cream in it to stop the itchiness?
just looking at others brandings (and my own experience) they seem to all but disappear after a few months- before raising and sometimes not stopping! (ie stuffsh's post in the forums, and my own).

I never irritated mine and they are incredibly raised and at times have that stinging/almost painful sensation you spoke of...do you think rubbing cream into them at the earlier stages would really effect the outcome drastically???

btw- love the images^.^ interested to see how it looks in about a year or two to see how evenly te skully heals:)

i never used any type of ointments or creams during the healing, and even now (more than 4 months later) still do nothing more than wash the flesh like normal skin...

i too, am very interested in knowing what this brand looks like after a number of years...

time will tell...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version