<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Hardcore Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Hardcore Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Tongue Bifurcation: The Best Bonding Experience Post Reply Post New Topic
Kaliii
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 17

Quote Kaliii Replybullet Topic: Tongue Bifurcation: The Best Bonding Experience
    Posted: November/30/2010 at 8:17pm
Before I start writing my experience, I'd like to say that a few small details here and there may be accidentally left out and I won't write much about my boyfriend's experience since I don't think I should speak for him. And yes, this post will be lengthy but I'm hoping it's something you will all enjoy reading.

Around July 2009 I decided I wanted to get my tongue bifurcated. At that time I was living in Georgia and almost every morning I would receive a phone call from a friend (now bf) living in Tucson, Arizona, which is my hometown. Almost every call included some talk of body modification, in particular tongue bifurcation and I fell in love with the idea of having it done. I would always feel so happy and at peace during our talks. It was like some strange, cheesy Disney movie. I'd sit there, talking about body mods, watching the sunrise, deer and rabbits would walk by and birds would be chirping.

About two months later he decided to use the ligature method and shortly after that I decided to make a trip to Tucson and visit him, which is when we decided we wanted to be together. A couple weeks later I moved back across the country to live with him.   

He pierced my tongue with a 14g barbell (he is a professional piercer)with the goal of stretching it to an 8. We went to the Hell City Tattoo Festival in Phoenix and talked to Cookie about having Steve do the split for us. She was very sweet and answered many questions for us. She basically told us that the ligature method is awful and he should just take it out and go see Steve. Shortly after the bf decided she was certainly right. lol He was making very little progress with the fishing line and it was incredibly painful so he took it out and decided to stretch the piercing as much as possible. A couple months later we made an appointment for January 31st.

We had one of our friends drive us to Tempe on the 31st. Nervousness and anxiety didn't set in for me until we were about a half hour from arriving to the house but I tried to just focus on how happy I was about finally getting it done.

When we arrived we were happily greeted by Steve and Cookie. We all sat down in their living room, filled out paperwork, had questions answered, the procedure explained, etc. We probably chatted for about an hour and we got to see Steve explain and show us the rare earth magnets he uses for implanting; which I found to be fascinating and is a whole different story. lol Other than them being very sweet people, I'm assuming the long talk and "hanging out" time was to get us feeling calmer about everything.

Once it was time for us to go into his studio, the nervousness was at an all time high but I tried my best to hide it. Bf wanted to go first but he was having anxiety/major nausea issues. Every time Steve's adopted daughter who was assisting him(sorry, can't remember her name) went to hold the tongue out with gauze, it would cause an immediate gagging reaction with the bf. So we decided I would go first after all, which I didn't mind; I just wanted to get it over with. lol I won't get into the details of how I (think) he did the procedure but I would guess it was over in about 20 seconds. It was very painful, but not nearly as much as I was expecting. The only way I can describe it is the feeling of getting my tongue pierced multiple times. He immediately put gauze in between the split and gave me one of those big red plastic "party" cups for me to drool into and spit blood out in. I really didn't bleed much, but for the rest of the day I was drooling pretty badly. lol Steve changed out the gauze for me and let me briefly see the split in the mirror and I tried to move each side independently. Thrilled doesn't even begin to describe how I was feeling.

The bf was still not feeling well and Steve had to run a few errands. He told us we could come back in a few hours and could do the other split for us. His kindness and professionalism really is outstanding. So the three of us explored Tempe for awhile and bf took some Dramamine (sp?) (motion sickness pills) to help with the nausea. When we went back to Steve's place it was pretty late at night and the bf had his split done with only mild nausea this time. I would say his took a bit longer than mine to do because of all the scar tissue he had from when he was using the ligature method. He gave us both H2Ocean mouthwash, gauze, and our barbells back to us in sterilization pouches.

I'm guessing we had gauze in between the split for about the first five days and were putting in new gauze about four times a day. We could eat fairly normally on day three and had some scabbing around day eight which was very uncomfortable.

Now, roughly ten months later I only have about 1cm of regrowth and my tongue piercing was at a 4g at the time of the procedure. His tongue has close to 3cm of regrowth and his tongue was at a 8g. He's hoping to make another appointment to have it resplit.

With how supportive we were/are of each other it was most definitely the best bonding experience we've ever had. I'm so happy that I've found someone to love that also shares an extreme passion for body modification.

Unfortunately, we didn't have any pictures taken that day, but here's a picture we took of ourselves when we went to the zoo. Not the best picture, but hey, I think it's still cute.

IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: December/01/2010 at 12:39am
Thanks for sharing. Nod
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
JDMmicah
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote JDMmicah Replybullet Posted: December/01/2010 at 1:53am
Aaaaw I feel all warm and fuzzy
IP IP Logged
JohnnyVilonious
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote JohnnyVilonious Replybullet Posted: December/01/2010 at 8:49pm
I was sooooo nervous when I got mine done too.

I actually passed out during the sutures lol
IP IP Logged
freckled20
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 42

Quote freckled20 Replybullet Posted: December/01/2010 at 9:15pm
Awesome experience! :)
Don't judge me monkey...
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version