Message Icon Topic: Microdermal healing Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
hambone_03
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote hambone_03 Replybullet Topic: Microdermal healing
    Posted: December/14/2010 at 1:30am
I just got four microdermals for my birthday, two on each side, but two of them, sitting a bit further down, are healing differently. If you look at them closely you can see the post that the top is attached to. Is this normal and or okay? Should I go back to my piercer and have him look at them?
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: December/14/2010 at 3:18am
put on a bandaid for now and get to your piercer
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
Cidmy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote Cidmy Replybullet Posted: December/14/2010 at 9:32am
apply pressure to it with a band - aid :) sea-salt soaks and visit the piercer if you don't see any progress :)
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: December/14/2010 at 11:34am
Being able to see a little bit of the post, on closer inspection as you say, is normal, so unless they seem infect or are painful there is no need to go see your piercer.
Given these are new they are still setting, there is likely still some swelling on some and more or less on others. The skin is not a set stiff medium, and with time they will seem to go up and down for many reason such a temperature, weight gain or loss and such factors.
Expecting a microdermal to be 100% flush to the skin is not really possible, and much less when you have a group of 4 and on different positions.
Like mentioned apply some pressure with a bandaid, there is not much more then that your piercer can do anyway short of taking them off for later replacing.
You piercer did his job, now do yours and take care of them puppys :-)))
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
JDMmicah
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote JDMmicah Replybullet Posted: December/14/2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by JClaude

Being able to see a little bit of the post, on closer inspection as you say, is normal, so unless they seem infect or are painful there is no need to go see your piercer.Given these are new they are still setting, there is likely still some swelling on some and more or less on others. The skin is not a set stiff medium, and with time they will seem to go up and down for many reason such a temperature, weight gain or loss and such factors.Expecting a microdermal to be 100% flush to the skin is not really possible, and much less when you have a group of 4 and on different positions.Like mentioned apply some pressure with a bandaid, there is not much more then that your piercer can do anyway short of taking them off for later replacing.You piercer did his job, now do yours and take care of them puppys :-)))

+1
IP IP Logged
hambone_03
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote hambone_03 Replybullet Posted: December/14/2010 at 6:46pm
Okay, thank you for the information =). I was just a little afraid they might be rejecting or something.
IP IP Logged
aPleaforPurging
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote aPleaforPurging Replybullet Posted: December/14/2010 at 7:51pm
It's also a possibility, a high rise microdermal was used, the swelling has gone down and now the bar is visible.
21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
IP IP Logged
Cidmy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote Cidmy Replybullet Posted: December/15/2010 at 4:52am
i had mine done 4 days ago and it is snug, no swelling no nothing, so i would suggest the area that they have been placed has to do with it ans as it was mentiones before me, high rise microdermal was used

Edited by Cidmy - December/15/2010 at 4:53am
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: December/15/2010 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Cidmy

i had mine done 4 days ago and it is snug, no swelling no nothing, so i would suggest the area that they have been placed has to do with it ans as it was mentiones before me, high rise microdermal was used

Given that the healing takes several weeks, you might find the end result might be different then what you see now.
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: December/16/2010 at 2:11am
Where are the anchors placed at and how old are they? It wasn't mentioned and sometimes placement is a big deal. Movement can sometimes happen but forcing it down with a band aid will not always help your problems.

Also, anchors should be flush with the skin. If they are tilted, then they were possibly not installed correctly or migrated. If you can post pictures, it would be helpful.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version