Message Icon Topic: Splitting my tongue Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
snakeman21
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote snakeman21 Replybullet Topic: Splitting my tongue
    Posted: December/16/2010 at 12:54pm
Hi all.  I am new here and just thought I would share my experience with tongue splitting.  My split tongue is my only mod, which most people find strange, though I almost got a tattoo when I was 22. 

I first found out about tongue splitting while perusing the interwebz looking at extreme body mods.  When I saw a picture of someone with a split tongue, I wanted to do it.  Perhaps it was my lifelong fascination with snakes (my wife and I have had several large boas). But I didn't jump into it.  I asked my wife, then I toyed with the idea for a couple months, gathering as much info as I could about it.  Finally, I decided to get my tongue pierced in preparation.  I figured that if I changed my mind, it would be easy enough to take out the barbell and let my tongue heal.  I went and had my tongue pierced, and that whole procedure was fine;  Not too much swelling, and I was very anal about using mouthwash and everything.  It healed in a few weeks.  Then I set about stretching.  this process took several months.  I bought a straight steel taper kit, over the next few months, I stretched my tongue to a 6. 

Having researched the different methods, I opted to go with the fishing line method despite it being the "wrong way" to do it.  I chose this method for the experience.  There was something appealing to me about doing it myself.  I won't lie;  it hurt.  There were nights when I'd tie in a new length of line and wonder if I would ever be able to sleep with the pain.  But then I sort of got used to it.  It became a normal daily ritual. 

Then, when I had maybe 1/8 or 1/4 inch of flesh left to split, the loops of fishing line were embedded so deep in my tongue that it was getting harder and harder to dig them out.  Finally, one night, I simply couldn't get one out. 

The next thing I did was a big step for me.  I'll be the first to admit it, I am a sissy when it comes to blades and needles... I've never turned a blade or needle to my own flesh before unless I had to dig out a splinter or something.

But I was determined.  After three months of nearly constant pain, I was ready for it to be over.  I got a pair of gloves and a sterile razor blade from the medicine cabinet, and went to work.  I started slowly, putting the blade in the split and sawing it up and down ever so lightly and gently.  I felt a slight, almost unnoticeable sting as the blade bit in, but after that, nothing.  Perhaps there aren't a whole lot of nerves in the center of the tongue, or perhaps they were just nub from the constant pressure.  But whatever the reason, this was a lot easier than I thought.  The hardest part about it was psychological.  You know, the "Holy-shit-I'm-sawing-through-my-tongue" factor.

Anyways, after about 4 minutes of sawing and spitting blood into the sink, I took one last stroke, and my tongue popped apart, allowing the barbell to drop into the sink.  Once my tongue was split, I felt a LOT better.  All that pressure and pain on my tongue... Gone.  I looked in the mirror and wiggled my tongue.  It felt strange, partly because I was used to feeling pain every time I moved it, and partially because it felt so weird in two pieces.  Then I spoke to myself to see if I had a lisp.  No lisp.  All was well!  The bleeding stopped in about 5 minutes, and the little holes on the inside of the split healed in about two weeks.  I was able to speak clearly immediately after finishing, and so far (about 5 or 6 months later) I have had no significant regrowth. 

I haven't had a second thought about it since.  It certainly is a fun conversational piece, and I love it. 

Edited by snakeman21 - December/16/2010 at 1:00pm
IP IP Logged
JDMmicah
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote JDMmicah Replybullet Posted: December/16/2010 at 2:00pm
thanks for sharing :)
IP IP Logged
Skookums
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote Skookums Replybullet Posted: December/17/2010 at 5:17am
I'm considering the tie off method, mostly because I can't find anyone around here to do it. my thought was to get 3 tongue rings and stretch them as much as I can, then tieing off each section one at a time starting at the tip. good idea? bad idea?
IP IP Logged
twitchhorror
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 30

Quote twitchhorror Replybullet Posted: May/06/2011 at 1:06pm
awesome story
i am now on day 4 of the tie off method
and i have to say ther is some pain but not thad bad
im about 50 % done (my tongue piercing was realy far at the front )
this is the 4 time i tryde it
and the first time i made it past one day
i think its going to work this time :D
I'm dyslectic, not stupid.
IP IP Logged
twitchhorror
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote twitchhorror Replybullet Posted: May/06/2011 at 1:07pm
and oh yeah
when trying the tie off method
pain killers ar your best friend :P
IP IP Logged
MrJonz
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 112

Quote MrJonz Replybullet Posted: May/06/2011 at 2:34pm
Did you really just drag out 3 old threads to say the exact same thing in all of them about your splitting process?   
Body Mods by Jonz
IP IP Logged
twitchhorror
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote twitchhorror Replybullet Posted: May/08/2011 at 4:19pm
yeah :D :P
i was bored sorry
IP IP Logged
PrimalResearche
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote PrimalResearche Replybullet Posted: November/11/2011 at 2:56pm
Hi Snakeman21,

I'm doing some research for a unique new documentary series for Animal Planet. We're interested in where the line between human and animal exists, and we want to tell the stories of anyone who's life might make you question this. The concept is very new, so I'm just reaching out to people to see if they are interested in chatting about the subject. I'm sorry for messaging you out of the blue like this, I just found you randomly and thought I'd see if you'd like to talk more about what we're doing.

I'm contacting as many people as I can within different subcultures and communities, people how have modified their appearance or behavior in some way that is animalistic, or resembles an animal.

I would love to talk to you about your fascination with snakes, and how you have split your tongue. Do you have any other mods or tattoos you're considering?

It would be great to hear back from you.

Thanks,
Cait

Cait Dowling
cdowling@primalprod.com

IP IP Logged
PrimalResearche
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote PrimalResearche Replybullet Posted: November/11/2011 at 2:57pm
Also, if anyone else on this thread would like to get in touch, please do!

cdowling@primalprod.com
IP IP Logged
AlienMouth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote AlienMouth Replybullet Posted: October/02/2012 at 5:58pm
My story is basically the same, minus the pet snake's, wife, and my tongue was a 0g before I cut it. Thanks for taking the time to type up such a nice share for the world.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version