Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Punching questions. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
bushi231
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote bushi231 Replybullet Topic: Punching questions.
    Posted: January/30/2011 at 12:50am
My lobes are 1/2" now. I am thinking of going to 5/8" but am feeling impatient. I would never skip a size and I never have. I've used a taper up until two or so months ago, which I now understand is bad. :/

Can I have my earlobes dermal-punched to 5/8 -- even possible? Never had anything punched and I don't know anything about the process other than what I've watched in videos. I have very wide earlobes and I even did before I had them pierced, so I've got room, I think. I'm just asking because from what I've read, punch procedures are primarily for conch, septum and nostril holes.
I'm ill, ahh.
IP IP Logged
Braids
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote Braids Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 1:00am
dermal punches remove tissue, when stretching youd want to have as much tissue as you can so your ear doesnt thin out. scalpeling would be a much better alternative, i am not a pro so wait for one of them to come along n explain this better greytongue

edit: tho i do recommend stretching w/ tape if you can wait

Edited by Braids - January/30/2011 at 1:03am
omnomnom
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 1:18am
I also recommend stretching with tape. PTFE or bondage tape works best. You just wrap a piece or two around your plug every week or so to slowly stretch your ear. It's easy and safe to do (as long as you take your time with it), and you don't have to skip sizes.

It would be more reasonable to go with scalpeling instead of dermal punching. Punching removes tissue, but with a scalpel it's only a small cut to expand the ear and no tissue is removed. However, going from 1/2" to 5/8" is completely achievable via the taping method, and is a safe stretching method that will not damage your ears or require a cut.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Arturs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 10

Quote Arturs Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 2:39am
I don't want to start a new topic.
I'm going to punch my ''flat'' (I hope I called it right) as soon as my jewelry arrives.I ordered this:
http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=5573&cat=187&page=5
because as I understood from previous topics in forum glass is the best.It will be 8mm punch.
However I still have some questions:
1)Aftercare-do I need some extra aftercare for it,or SSS three times a day is enough? What about shower?Just to keep it away from water as much as possible?
2)Is there any possible complications with punches,and what is the average healing time.And after it's healed what aftercare do I need?
Excuse me if I'm annoying,but I just want to gather all information about it procedure.Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 2:48am
Two to three sea salt soaks a day is definitely enough. When showering, just try to avoid shampoo on it for the first few weeks at least. if you get any on there, just rinse with water.

Punches can take a while to heal, even up to a year or longer, and sometimes will have hypertrophic scarring that comes and goes during healing. It's important to not wear the o-ring too tightly so there is room for swelling and crusties will need to escape. You may also experience spot bleeding during the first few days to a week.
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Arturs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Arturs Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 2:54am
Excuse me,but what is the spot bleeding?
Year sounds long time...My industrial piercing healed in six months.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 2:59am
It's just when your piercing experiences a little bleeding. Sometimes if you bump it or move it in the first few days you could get a little trickle of blood or even wake up with blood crusties. It happens.

An industrial piercing is a little different than an 8mm punch, but even some people take a long time to heal industrials (up to a year and longer). Perhaps you can heal fast, but there is no guarantee it would be healed in six months.
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Arturs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Arturs Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 3:03am
Ok,last question.When I can remove it for proper cleaning\sea salt soaking,or just leave it as it is until its healed?
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 3:10am
It's best to leave it in for as long as you can, at least during the initial healing. If you remove the jewelry too soon or too often it can cause hypertrophic scarring. It's better to just clean it when it needs it and then leave it alone. You can get a proper cleaning done with the jewelry in.
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Arturs
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Arturs Replybullet Posted: January/30/2011 at 3:21am
Thank you very much!
IP IP Logged