<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Q&A for BMod Professionals
 BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: 2-day old labret, wearable length too short? Post Reply Post New Topic
stillill
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote stillill Replybullet Topic: 2-day old labret, wearable length too short?
    Posted: January/30/2011 at 2:59pm
Hey all.. Just got labret pierced on Friday at 14g. I'm not sure what the wearable length is but that is not really important as far as the answer to my question goes....

My lip is still swollen; today I started icing it, 20 min on, 20 min off. On the inside of my mouth on my lower lip around the disc back, when I push the jewelry so the disc isn't flush with my lip, there is an imprint of where the disc back is tight against my skin.

Basically just a few questions...

Has this specifically happened to anyone else and if so what did you do?
Is it common for this to be the case when it comes to swelling, or did my piercer underestimate how much my lip would swell? (The swelling isn't very visibly noticeable because I have full lips to begin with, but I can tell)

I don't really know what to do at this point and it's really stressing me out, because I don't know when I'll be able to change jewelry, I don't want the hole to close up! I got this piercing with the intention of stretching and was just going to go to 12g after this heals... but now should I buy another piece of jewelry in 14g with a longer wearable?

Please help! ):
IP IP Logged
Kashina
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 24

Quote Kashina Replybullet Posted: February/09/2011 at 11:06pm
This requires visually looking at the piercing. I would definently consult your piercer to avoid problems. Slight indentation can be normal, but i know what slight means after seeing hundreds of lip piercing, you dont have that expierience from just seeing yours or 2. Even a phone call to your piercer if you cant make it to see him/her at the studio. They should have accurate details on the length of jewellery used and this can at least give him if he used a length on the shorter/longer side, whats going on. :)
Beauty Inspires.
IP IP Logged
Kashina
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 24

Quote Kashina Replybullet Posted: February/15/2011 at 4:24am
Hows your lip healing?
Beauty Inspires.
IP IP Logged
stillill
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote stillill Replybullet Posted: February/20/2011 at 10:25pm
Hey there, sorry for not responding to this after your first post! I was really desperate and panicky at the time so I posted this same thread in a different forum in the hope of getting a faster response.

I decided after some other users' posts, a few days, and visual assessment of the piercing that I was incorrect about the wearable length being too short.. The swelling of my lip after the initial piercing definitely sucked very bad and made it much more uncomfortable than it feels now that the swelling is gone.

The outside of the piercing is a little weepy but not any more than I would expect it to be. I'm anxious to start stretching and wearing delrin/teflon jewelry instead of this steel 14g piece that is just annoying to me.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version