General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: Sharing shower poofs... Gross? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 39

Quote happydepression Replybullet Topic: Sharing shower poofs... Gross?
    Posted: February/02/2011 at 11:52am
Okay, so is it just me, or does someone using your shower poof gross you out a bit? I'm a little weird about germs, I blame all those commercials where you can see their green nastiness crawling around on your stuff...
But this morning, I hope in the shower, and my soap AND poof are gone, so I shower without soap and poof... And finally find my stuff in the down stairs bathroom. Guessing it was a room mate's girl friend... So I left a note "To the person who took my shit: Get your own SOAP AND SHOWER POOF". So I think I'm in line. BUT anyway, does this gross anyone else out when this happens, or is it just me?
[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
twisted666
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote twisted666 Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:14pm
I don't like sharing face washers or loofahs with anyone, family members, best friends or anything. Sod em, I like my showering wares to be mine
IP IP Logged
onega
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote onega Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:17pm
I think it feels weirder/grosser to you because they're personnal items. But in reality there's probably just as many germs in other things that you share : door handles, outside of the milk bottle, remote control, stair ramp thingies, window handles. That just a few, to be honest the 2 worst i think are remote controls and the inside handle of the bathroom.

(that said, i share cutlery quite frequently but i would never share a toothbrush, or a loofah ; we're weird us humans)

So I can understand the whole grossed out thing, but really there are much worse things ! I'm not scared of germs because they're not all bad .. And I don't believe in the whole antiseptic lifestyle ; that's why people are more sensitive to them. My%202%20Cents

Edited by onega - February/02/2011 at 12:18pm
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <
IP IP Logged
happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Quote happydepression Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:34pm

Word, I know that there are germs EVERYWHERE, I'm the girl who uses a paper towel in the public restroom to open the door.
But . . . The added problem, they took my stuff without even asking. =[

p.s. I wash my hands before peeing... I don't want my wonderful vajayjay all gnarly.

Edited by happydepression - February/02/2011 at 12:35pm
[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
Calem
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote Calem Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:34pm
I'd be pretty creeped out if I found out that someone else had been using my poof, especially considering I live alone. It'd be like "KAPOW! New trauma added!"
But the underlying thought of the topic goes well with a thought I had not too long ago. You start the day off by getting into the shower and wash yourself including, one might assume, the nether regions. Then you pull on clean underwear and clean clothes in general.
Now, usually (if everything goes as planned) my pants don't escape me in the public space, leaving Willy Wonka and his duo of Merry Oompa-Loompas washed, bathed and fresh... With everything your hands touch in said public space within the course of a day, wouldn't it make a bit more sense to wash your hands before going to the bathroom?
IP IP Logged
twisted666
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote twisted666 Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:38pm
I think I may be strange. Animal slobber, vomit etc is fine. So is general mud and such, but sharing food with my mum, or even a couch just doesn't happen. She thinks I'm obsessed with personal space lol.

Also, someone actually taking your soap and poof without permission gives you a pretty big reason to be pissed off.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:40pm
It is pretty gross! I used to have a roommate that borrowed all my bath items without asking as well! I haven't used a pouf since I started getting microdermals though. Haha. That first snag scared me away from using one. :(
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Quote happydepression Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:49pm
Haha, I remember my first time catching my nip ring in my poof, that hurt so so so wicked bad. Now I have it all figured out and can manage to use a poof without ripping my body to pieces. 
[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
onega
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote onega Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Calem

I'd be pretty creeped out if I found out that someone else had been using my poof, especially considering I live alone. It'd be like "KAPOW! New trauma added!"
But the underlying thought of the topic goes well with a thought I had not too long ago. You start the day off by getting into the shower and wash yourself including, one might assume, the nether regions. Then you pull on clean underwear and clean clothes in general.
Now, usually (if everything goes as planned) my pants don't escape me in the public space, leaving Willy Wonka and his duo of Merry Oompa-Loompas washed, bathed and fresh... With everything your hands touch in said public space within the course of a day, wouldn't it make a bit more sense to wash your hands before going to the bathroom?

I always wash my hands BEFORE going to the bathroom. I can't stand the thought of all the germs from things I come in contact with and handle getting anywhere near my ladybits. I usually wash them after as well, but it's more of a "food hygiene"/ "not spreading any potential germs" thing. Before makes more sense, AGREED.

Steff I know, I'm  kind of like you : Don't mind any type of animal bodily fluids, don't mind dust, dirt, mud ,sharing food/cutlery with friends/pets but I can't stand that with my mum. I love her to bits though, but I just can't bear it.
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <
IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: February/02/2011 at 1:42pm
am i the only one to imagine a big hairy gay man every time the word poof is being used? you can imagine the mental image i got when i read 'sharing shower poofs'.....

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version