<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Trying to get tunnels in, trouble with the flare. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
tnkltnkl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote tnkltnkl Replybullet Topic: Trying to get tunnels in, trouble with the flare.
    Posted: February/10/2011 at 7:13pm
My ears are currently at 8mm, and have been for a while now. I've heard that keeping tapers in is not a good idea, but that is all I had until now. I want to put some tunnels or plugs in now, but I can only find them with edges on both sides. I have tried a couple of times now (with significant time in between) to fit these in, but with no luck. Massage and lubricant do not help at all.

If I take my jewelery out for even just the time it takes for a quick shower, they shrink to the point where it's difficult to get even the tapers back in.

I'm not sure what to do, as I would like some less conspicuous jewelery for interviews coming up, as well as would like to use my jewelry that I had bought without knowing they wouldn't go in.

Any tips on what I should do?
IP IP Logged
helenoftexas
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote helenoftexas Replybullet Posted: February/10/2011 at 7:25pm
go to sites to find jewlery they have plugs with no flares
IP IP Logged
tnkltnkl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote tnkltnkl Replybullet Posted: February/10/2011 at 7:32pm
I would, however I need something to put in pretty soon. My interviews are in about a week and nothing will ship to me that quickly.

I'll clarify, does anyone have tips on what I can do to get the tunnels in without damaging my ears?
IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: February/10/2011 at 7:50pm
some tunnels have one side that screws on. see if you can get one of them. or possibly, a single flare.

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
tnkltnkl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote tnkltnkl Replybullet Posted: February/10/2011 at 8:09pm
I'll see what I can do, thanks. The excellent piercing artist that resided here is gone now and we're just left with some apprentice who is pretty unhelpful.

I tried to ask for that today, and had thought that's what he was getting at first. Then checked when I got home and it was not at all what I had asked for. I'll be going back tomorrow for sure.

Thanks metalbabe.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: February/11/2011 at 1:35am
You could try taping your ears to get the flared plugs in. Just wrap a piece or two of bondage tape or PTFE tape around your current plugs once a week and you will be able to get to the next size without problems. Just make sure you take your time with it. :)
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
new2theneedle
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote new2theneedle Replybullet Posted: February/11/2011 at 4:43am
try something like this:

http://www.steelnavel.com/product.asp?ID=4645&MID=39&MID2=1

they are in california, can probably get it to you pretty quick. ive ordered from them several times.
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: February/13/2011 at 8:44pm
If your ears won't accept the double flared jewelry, don't force it. If massaging, lube, and hot showers aren't loosening them up, there's really not much you can do to wear double flares yet without damaging your lobes.

Taping up gradually or buying single flared jewelry is pretty much the only option.
IP IP Logged
happydepression
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 39

Quote happydepression Replybullet Posted: February/13/2011 at 9:17pm
Are your ears even finished healing at that size?... Like. I realize that you said it has been awhile since you have had them in, but I'm thinking if they are shrinking so quickly, then they are not truly healed.
But, CheapPerfume and Cale seem to have this topic cover.
[[monstrosity]]
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: February/15/2011 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by happydepression

Are your ears even finished healing at that size?... Like. I realize that you said it has been awhile since you have had them in, but I'm thinking if they are shrinking so quickly, then they are not truly healed.
But, CheapPerfume and Cale seem to have this topic cover.

This was also a thought I had. Typically if in the few short seconds you have your jewelry out, your holes are shrinking, this means they're probably not ready to be stretched up to accommodate the flare. Let them get used to the size they're at, and when they loosen up, try the flares.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version