Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Whats going on with my dermal? Post Reply Post New Topic
xFallenAngeLx66
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 55

Quote xFallenAngeLx66 Replybullet Topic: Whats going on with my dermal?
    Posted: May/01/2011 at 7:44am
Hi Modders!

I have a bit of a problem with my right wrist dermal anchor...

First of all i'd like to point out that I have had wrist dermals in the past and never had a problem this big happen. Also I am a piercer and have seen different types of infections, irritations, rejections etc but nothing like what has happened to me =(

So I am turning to you awesome modified dudes and dudettes on bodymod for help.

Ok, well about 4 months ago I had both my wrists pierced with a 3mm deep dermal anchor. They healed fine and never gave me trouble. Then the past week my left dermal was playing up so i took the tips off both of my left and right wrist dermals and they went down. I decided to leave the tops off for a few days so i wouldn't catch them on anything, but by the third day i woke up with both wrists swollen under my dermals. I cleaned them with saline solution and kept my hands and arms extra clean so i wouldn't make it any worse.
About 6 hours later i noticed my left dermal start to weep so i slightly pushed around the dermal and puss started oozing out, This actually felt relieving!
I have now put a flat disk diver in that dermal and popped a breathable bandaid over it so i dont snag it.
My left dermal has since gone down but my right one is getting way worse! Its so swollen to the fact the skin is very tight and its really hot =(

I have attached a photo of my right dermal from a couple angles, you can't see how swollen it is in the photo but its like a massive bump =(

Do you guys know what is going on? And if you do, could I have some advice on how to get rid of it?

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope to hear back from you guys soon =)

\m/

Love B =)
IP IP Logged
twisted666
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote twisted666 Replybullet Posted: May/01/2011 at 8:29am
I'm no pro, but that sounds like typical infection symptoms. Swelling, heat and pus. The radiating colour is definitely reminiscent of a typical infection. Antibiotics would fix the infection but have a tendency to make microdermals want to grow out because they help the body push our or heal things. Definitely wait for one of the pro's on this site but it really does look like infection.,
IP IP Logged
angelfetus
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 38

Quote angelfetus Replybullet Posted: May/01/2011 at 12:30pm
Are you(or have you been recently) Ill? rundown or suffering any Immune issue?
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: May/01/2011 at 3:34pm
I got the same problem in my lower left ankle dermal anchor a couple of years back. What I did was to continue soaking with warm saline/non-iodized sea salt 2-3 times per day at approx. 15-20mins each.

The infection needs to be drained so I lightly pressed the soaked cotton balls to help drained it, then clean it real dry with q-tips, put on band-aids & let it be until the next soak.

It took me about 7,8 days or so for me for everything to clear up so be patient. Yours could vary. Eat well, rest well and you'll be fine. However, if you experience high fever, then you should definitely go to a doctor or an emergency room; but most likely than not, your body would heal by itself.

After the infection is gone however, my dermal anchor started the rejection process (after 8 months of healing before the infection). I have re-pierced the piece and it has been great since (it's been 14 months since the re-pierced. )

Edited by mspiggy - May/01/2011 at 3:40pm
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
saaaaan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 21

Quote saaaaan Replybullet Posted: May/01/2011 at 6:57pm
See a doctor, if it looks like that and is oozing pus, don't take any chances, if it doesn't get better.
IP IP Logged
xFallenAngeLx66
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote xFallenAngeLx66 Replybullet Posted: May/01/2011 at 7:19pm
Not that i know of, but there is a flu going around and maybe i am getting it =(
IP IP Logged
xFallenAngeLx66
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote xFallenAngeLx66 Replybullet Posted: May/01/2011 at 8:30pm
THANKS EVERYONE I HAD ANOTHER 2 SEA SALT SOAK BATHES AND FINALLY THE PUSS STARTED OOZING OUT, IT FEELS SO MUCH BETTER =) STILL GOING TO THE DOCS FOR ANTI BIOTICS =) THANKS PEEPS YOU GUYS ROCK =D
IP IP Logged
steeldragon87
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 46

Quote steeldragon87 Replybullet Posted: May/03/2011 at 6:45pm
I hope that works out for you dear, infection aside those looked pretty nicely done, it'd be a shame to lose them.

Extreme remedies are very appropriate for extreme diseases. - Hippocrates
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version