BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Facial tattoos Post Reply Post New Topic
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Topic: Facial tattoos
    Posted: May/04/2011 at 3:36am
I've been contemplating on getting some ink on my eyebrows for over a year now, basically five circles on each eyebrow -varying in sizes, large to small. If I go for it, it won't be for awhile since I have other work I want to finish first, and I want it to think it out some more.

I know it would effect my day-to-day life in some way. I know it will make job hunting difficult, although it already is difficult for me. For those with ink on their face or head (where it's always visible) - how much has it effected your life? Is there anything that you feel that you can't do anymore because of how shallow society is?

Anything else I should know about before I decide either way if I should get the tattoos? I found an excellent tattoo artist who would do it (after getting told 'No' a few times by other artists), although I'm going to mention it to her a few more times before I actually get it.  I'm already pretty sure it's a "DO IT!!", but as I said - I'd like to give it a lot of thought.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:11pm
Okay, I don't have my eyebrows tattooed on, but I shave them off and draw them on every day, sometimes in circle form, like you described, and usually in colors to match my hair (a lot of people ask me if they're tattoos).  I just want to say that I get comments/questions on them pretty much every day of my life, and that gets kind of annoying, so be prepared for that, because I'm sure it only gets worse when they're permanently tattooed on.

As far as it restricting other things in your life, I couldn't say because I don't actually have facial tattoos, I hope someone who does chimes in though, cos I'd love to have my brows done someday as well.
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:28pm
I'd love to draw them on just to see what people say, but I can't draw worth shit haha. They'd turn out like odd looking squares or something like that.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
samantha_sick
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote samantha_sick Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:34pm
I have a star near one of my eyes. I got it done in light brown so it looks like a freckle (cause I do have an actual freckle in that spot). Allot of people think it's makeup, or don't even notice it.
I work at a hot topic so it doesn't really matter for me for work, but if I ever have to get a different job I can always cover it with makeup.
If you get them and anyjob isn't cool with them, you could always grow ur eyebrows back
(I used to shave mine off and draw them on too, and long as ur really careful and gentle when you shave them, there's a good chance of them growing back fine)
Currently have 27 piercings
Have been pierced 63 times total (14 temporary)
2 4g cartilage punches
78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos
2 brandings
1 cutting
Magnetic Implant (removed & replaced!)
IP IP Logged
babyfirefly_
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote babyfirefly_ Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 2:16pm
i'm looking to get my eyebrows tattooed, as well as eyeliner & a little beauty spot where i used to have a microdermal. all this would just be 'permanent make-up' though... luckily enough, i work for myself, so mods are never a problem. it all depends what circles you move in & what kind of job you're looking to get.
i think you should go for it, but that's easy for me to say! <3
if god be for us, who can be against us?
IP IP Logged
HanaFrances138
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 14

Quote HanaFrances138 Replybullet Posted: May/16/2011 at 8:51pm
I also draw on my eyebrows and people always think they are tattooed on, but I've personally never had that much said about them, when i do my eyeliner i put dots going from large to small along the "cat like" eyeliner line and i have had people ask me if they are tattoos all the time.

If a job wants to discriminate you for your tattoo's i find it doesnt matter if they are on your face, or your arms or legs.
These days its so easy to get make up if you did want to cover the dots for work, but you are making the smart choice not rushing in to anything.

I hope you find your decision soon, would love to see pics if you do it.
IP IP Logged
FreedomFaery
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote FreedomFaery Replybullet Posted: January/31/2012 at 4:10am
It will definitely cripple your job search. My suggestion would be to get the job first, then tattoo. Or find a place that is cool with body modifications. Perhaps hot topic or a receptionist at a tattoo shop.
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: January/31/2012 at 10:42pm
My job search is already crippled, although since making this post I did get a job that doesn't care about any visible body modifications.
IP IP Logged
Goat_Feet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Goat_Feet Replybullet Posted: February/02/2012 at 5:23pm
As someone with a pretty large facial tattoo, I can honestly say it hasn't affected my day-to-day life all that much. My workplace doesn't even make me cover it (which is a miracle) but I'm sure in other job situations I'd be slapping on the Dermablend. I'm currently in the middle of an internship at a newspaper and I already know that I'm going to have to cover it for a good number of the things I do there.

The reactions I get are almost always positive and the only annoying thing about having it is that people constantly ask me if it's a brand because I had it done in white ink.

If it's something you really want and you're aware of the impact it will likely have on your future job prospects - just go for it. I loved doing mine and I don't regret it for a second.
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: February/03/2012 at 12:29am
Ah, how could I forget about the dermablend to cover it, if need be.
I've been giving it more thought the past couple of days - I actually forgot I made the original post in May - and finally ordered a stencil to help me draw them on for awhile, before actually getting the tattoo.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version