Page  of 3 Next >>
sames89305
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 38

Quote sames89305 Replybullet Topic: So I had my navel removed
    Posted: May/04/2011 at 4:31am

Click for Full Size

Well it has been two weeks since I had my navel removed. To say the least the navel removal is one of the most unique procedures I have gotten. I will not go into detail of how it was done, solely to protect the artists technique which is unique to him.

Prior to the procedure I was told to take Arnica Montana, a homeopathic supplement which is used to help pain, inflammation, and bruising. I took this for around a week as recommended.

When I arrived at the studio I was a bit nervous mainly because there was not really any other experiences or people out there I could ask how it was for them. I did what research I could and was confident in the artist so that eased my nerves.

As the procedure began I decided I would close my eyes because although I have a strong stomach, I didn't want to be overly aware of what was going on.

Unlike getting subdermal implants, the pain was quite different. The feeling of having the umbilicus pulled prior to having it cut could only be described as a feeling as if my intestines were being tugged on. It hurt in the pit of my abdomen which hurt in a way I have never experienced before.

A few hours after the procedure the pain was not too bad and completely bearable. It was sore when I sat in certin positions as expected. Ibuprofen helped enough that it was dulled greatly. It continued to be sore for roughly a week.

Here I am 2 weeks later and the sutures are out. There is no soreness. It still has not really set in that I no longer have a bellybutton but I am sure it will eventually.

This is by far my favorite mod I have so far. Feel free to ask questions and if I can answer them I will

Edited by sames89305 - May/04/2011 at 4:49am
IP IP Logged
Braids
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote Braids Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 9:16am
seeing the removed flesh just made me think of conch punches and how some ppl eat it after its done. which got me wondering what the hell you did with it after it was done lol
omnomnom
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 9:55am
Wow, interesting! Never heard of that before. What was your motivation to get it done, if you had one?
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
sames89305
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote sames89305 Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by LucieMay

Wow, interesting! Never heard of that before. What was your motivation to get it done, if you had one?

I wanted something that most people don't have. It was something that was appealing because i think bellybuttons are disgusting.
IP IP Logged
Makura
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Makura Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 12:32pm
I hope you will put up some more photos? I would love to see the healed product. :3

IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:06pm
Now it sorta looks like you have a long, horizontal bellybutton lol.  I wonder what it'll look like when its healed.
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
sames89305
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote sames89305 Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by thesounknown

Now it sorta looks like you have a long, horizontal bellybutton lol.  I wonder what it'll look like when its healed.

I had some scar work above/below and on the sides. We decided to remove the ones on the sides so that the scarring is consistent.

After a year it will be ready for me to do scar relaxation via laser. I'm going to hit it will the laser to make diminish the scar.
IP IP Logged
babyfirefly_
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote babyfirefly_ Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Makura

I hope you will put up some more photos? I would love to see the healed product. :3

+ 1.
if god be for us, who can be against us?
IP IP Logged
sames89305
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote sames89305 Replybullet Posted: May/04/2011 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Makura

I have been taking good photos of it every 3 days so I can keep a photo journal of it's progress. I'll put some together at the 1 and 2 month mark.
IP IP Logged
mmm_riboflavin
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote mmm_riboflavin Replybullet Posted: May/05/2011 at 7:06am
very interesting, thank you for sharing :]
"Education is the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." -Mark Twain
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version